Status Match

agnesd

Want an opinion. I called MSC and the loyalty program we have is not on their list. We have 105 days with Crystal Cruises. It's a luxury line equivalent to Regent and Silver Seas. They said they would add them to their list but it might take some time. You know what that means! Do you think we should just go ahead and apply for status match or wait until they add the line? Don't want to screw this up! You know how easy it is to do that!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You may also want to check on your Hotel loyalty program, if any, for a possible match.

Please note that status will be matched only once per passenger so it may be better for you to wait until they add Crystal, if you expect your hotel loyalty level to have a lesser match than your cruise line. JMHO.

Hi all,

I got my status match Silver, the email said I will get my card next cruise I am on. I board the MSC Meraviglia this Friday 😀

So do they mean my status will be printed on my normal cruise card or do I have to go somewhere to collect it?

Your cruisecard will be issued in the colour of your status.

Hi all,

I got my status match Silver, the email said I will get my card next cruise I am on. I board the MSC Meraviglia this Friday 😀

So do they mean my status will be printed on my normal cruise card or do I have to go somewhere to collect it?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app

Your cruise card will be the colour of your status

Dark blue for Classic

Silver for Silver

Gold for Gold

Red for Wellness

Black for Black with the magnetic strip being Gold( NO. 3 in the image); all other magnetic strips are silver

In addition it has your status ( in words printed on both the front (NO. 1) and back (NO.2) of the card)

cruisecard.jpg

Pete

Just off the Divina last Saturday and we are black members because of a status match. Our cards were not black but had the words "black member" written on them. Didn't think anything of it until I saw the black cards from a fellow Cruise Critic roll caller. We still received all of our amenities but our card was a regular card.

Just off the Divina last Saturday and we are black members because of a status match. Our cards were not black but had the words "black member" written on them. Didn't think anything of it until I saw the black cards from a fellow Cruise Critic roll caller. We still received all of our amenities but our card was a regular card.

That is interesting. I am black member and my husband is gold. We have achieved the status because of our cruises with MSC. Now we are thinking that maybe we can ask for the status match for my husband because he is elite with Celebrity. Not sure if that makes sense...or we just wait until he achieves his black membership just by cruising with MSC?

That is interesting. I am black member and my husband is gold. We have achieved the status because of our cruises with MSC. Now we are thinking that maybe we can ask for the status match for my husband because he is elite with Celebrity. Not sure if that makes sense...or we just wait until he achieves his black membership just by cruising with MSC?

I would definitely do the status match for him.

they use the different cards in their promotion of the club

They are all predominantly white on the front with just the top section having the appropriate colour.

I believe the Black cards you saw are the original cards given out when they were earned by cruising. they were delivered to you home in a lovely presentation box along with a gold MSC pin in a velvet purse.

P1020494B.jpg

this what I mean by used in promotion of their club

membership%20levels.jpg

Pete

PS

in post #6 I wrongly described the red card as Wellness; it is of course the Welcome level

Pete, the cards that we saw were the sail and sign cards. They were black and gold. Clearly stated the person's name and all the information that is normally written on the cards including table number, dining room etc.

LooneyHiker aka Patty: If you see this message, can you post a picture of yours and Don's cards.

My husband received a black card last year when he did the status match. I have not received mine yet.

they use the different cards in their promotion of the club

They are all predominantly white on the front with just the top section having the appropriate colour.

I believe the Black cards you saw are the original cards given out when they were earned by cruising. they were delivered to you home in a lovely presentation box along with a gold MSC pin in a velvet purse.

Pete do you know what a gold NCL card equals for MSC? 55 points to be specific...:confused:

P1020494B.jpg

this what I mean by used in promotion of their club

membership%20levels.jpg

Pete

PS

in post #6 I wrongly described the red card as Wellness; it is of course the Welcome level

Save

Pete do you know what a gold NCL card equals for MSC? 55 points to be specific...:confused:

Save

I know the matches given below were correct a few months ago but it looks as though NCL have changed their loyalty program, so I must assume that an NCL Gold probably goes to silver on MSC

NCL:-

Bronze goes to MSC Classic

Silver goes to MSC Classic

Platinum goes to MSC Black

here are some quotes from posts on other threads

Platinum on NCL used to be Black on MSC but NCL now added Platinum Plus and Ambassador so now you have to be Ambassador to get MSC Black, NCL Platinum Plus is MSC Gold and NCL Platinum is MSC Silver.
That explains why I got MSC Gold in July from NCL Gold, and my BF went from NCL Silver to MSC Classic

Pete

I figured I would go to the source. This morning I emailed the supervisor of Voyagers Club. He/she emailed promptly this afternoon and said they knew about it and contacted headquarters to ascertain that they were working on it . He even looked up my res and assured me it would be straightened out before my cruise. I was quite impressed.

On carnival we had one sailing to be gold so high points on red.

Then i did the match and we only got a classic card from msc (blue) with one point on it

Is this right?

You get the minimum points for the level you match and for classic that's 1 point

silver gets 2200 gold gets 4300 black gets 10000

You get the minimum points for the level you match and for classic that's 1 point

silver gets 2200 gold gets 4300 black gets 10000

That kinda blows hahahaha if I would have took carnival i would have been gold this next cruise but that is ok i have a feeling this will be much better cruise anyway :p

How does MSC count points?

In Gold right now since my status match and have 4300, what will it take to make get to 10 000 points and Black?[/quote They score by a combination

of "experience booked"; length of cruise; and spend

TAKE A LOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST IN THE LINK

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showpost.php?p=53205775&postcount=4

Pete

Crystals loyalty goes by levels. Each cruise is an increased level. So who knows what we will be!!

Agnesd- I am a lowly silver with Seabourn but I requested a status match just today via msc.com and received my reply with in hours. I am now Black status! Pleasantly surprised! Hopefully you will also get good news soon.