Rearranging Staterooms

We've been booked for months on Bliss with two cabins 2 Family OV Staterooms, and are just now talking with the other cabin as to what perks they want. In stateroom one is Me, DW, and two small daughters. The next cabin is my inlaws, Dad, Mom, and Sister.

DW, and I are going to do UBP and SDP for our perks, the other Stateroom as it is comprised now will do SDP, and will split the cost of another 3 night package for my Sister in-law. It's the second perk that is perplexing us, and has me thinking about us rearranging staterooms if that is even possible.

The kiddos would easily be able to eat off our plates, but not sure if that is allowed. Do I need to purchase 2 additional dining packages for the kids? Can they split one 4 night package?

I think the UBP would suit my sister in law, but mom, and dad don't drink soda or alcohol, so it doesn't make sense for their Stateroom to get the UBP the way we have it now.

My thinking is rearrange staterooms so on paper DW, mom and dad, and I in one cabin, the my kids and sister in another. That way we cans till keep UBP for the first two occupants in stateroom one, and since there are two minors in Stateroom two the can do UBP as well. Does this Jive? is there any problems with the SDP?

So, if you re-arrange the bookings you'll have u and ur wife w UBP and SDP, and your sister with UBP and SDP and 1 child with the soda package and SDP. You'll have to purchase two extra SDP's for your parents if they want to eat with you, so factor that into the cost. As far as the last child goes. It depends on how much they will enjoy the specialty dining. If they r small enough to enjoy eating off the kids meal with possibly a taste of your food they can get away without it. Or if you go to a la cartes they can get just an app and a dessert for less than the SDP. But no, no sharing or transferring the SDP credits

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So, if you re-arrange the bookings you'll have u and ur wife w UBP and SDP, and your sister with UBP and SDP and 1 child with the soda package and SDP. You'll have to purchase two extra SDP's for your parents if they want to eat with you, so factor that into the cost. As far as the last child goes. It depends on how much they will enjoy the specialty dining. If they r small enough to enjoy eating off the kids meal with possibly a taste of your food they can get away without it. Or if you go to a la cartes they can get just an app and a dessert for less than the SDP. But no, no sharing or transferring the SDP credits

This might be or only solution, adding the two SDP, but then that seems more expensive than just keeping it the way we have it now. Not sure if this will work out. dang it.

Why not keep the rooms the way they are now, but make sister guest 1 or 2 on the other room. Select UBP and SDP for that room as well. Sister will get UBP and you still will only have to split the cost of one SDP, assuming kids will eat off of kids menu.

Why not keep the rooms the way they are now, but make sister guest 1 or 2 on the other room. Select UBP and SDP for that room as well. Sister will get UBP and you still will only have to split the cost of one SDP, assuming kids will eat off of kids menu.

If sister and one of the in laws are guests 1 & 2 in the second room then for the sister to get the UBP, the second adult will also get it which requires them to pay two sets of the UBP gratuity at $100ish each. The SDP is cheaper than that. Either way they will have to purchase a second SDP for the third adult in a room. It's just a question of whether they want to pay the gratuity on the second UBP to get the SDP associated with an adult or not.

I may be wrong but I think it looks like this based on a 7day sailing:

Option 1 - Keep reservation as is, add 3 night SDP for sister and have her pay for drinks as you go = $81.42 more ($69 SDP + 18%)

Option 2 - Switch Sis & a parent on reservation to make Sis Passenger #1 & parent Passenger #3, pick perks as UBP & SDP & buy an extra SDP: Pay 18% on UBP for 2 ($99.54x2) + extra SDP ($81.42) = $280.50

Option 3 - Move Sis & kids to 1 room & move parents to 3rd&4th in other room: Pay 18% on 1 UBP ($99.54) + 18% on Child soda package ($6.93) + $81.42 each for 2 SDPs for mom & dad = $269.31

If you think Sis will drink more than $200 worth in 7 days, I'd go with Option 2 - Mom & Dad don't drink soda or alcohol. If one would order a juice or a virgin pina colada or daiquiri, you make that person the 2nd passenger.