Steak house experience

metsgiants

I'd first like to start out by saying the steak house on carnival ( miracle ) was one of the best steaks I'd ever eaten. That's saying a lot because I go out to eat a lot . 100% worth the charge if you were wondering. On with my story.

I wanted to try pretty much every app. I'm not sure if I could have ordered more than one so I didn't. Also you want room for the steak. So when desert time came around , I am personally not a sweet/desert person. So I ordered an appetizer while the dw ordered the chocolate sampler thing. Too bad he waitress told me I couldn't get that. She said it's time for desert. I said no thanks and tried again explaining I'm not getting desert. She looked at me like I was crazy ( maybe I am lol ) and stuck to her guns and wouldn't let me order it. What the heck is that about

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have veered away from sweets as well...recommend trying the cheese and or fruit option next time it is on the desert menu.

Cheers and happy cruising.

Fruit would be good a nice option. Good for me too which I can use while on a cruise . I really wanted the app for desert that night though. I was denied

That is odd, did she give a reason for denying it? I would have definitely asked the steakhouse Maitre'd why you were not allowed to order an app for dessert. You can order as many apps and desserts as you want, but one entree. Maybe if you had ordered it at the beginning and said you wanted it brought out after the meal it may have helped.

Sounds like the timing was off on your request. Perhaps you could have mentioned your desire at the top of the meal saying you don't want an appetizer before but rather you'll have afterwards?

Did you order an appetizer or two already before the entree? I have never been denied 2 appetizers prior to the entree being served. I have never attempted to order an appetizer afterwards.

On Miracle a few weeks ago I ordered a second appetizer (I had lobster bisque and crab cakes) and she said I could only have the second app in place of my salad. We were also able to order as many sides as we wanted as I noticed these portions are not really as large as they used to be. When desert came and I was way too full, I took the cheesecake to go and put in my frig for a snack later on that night.

I would not call soup an app. As a restaurant owner, the pecking order is, sour or salad, then apps, and onto main course. The lobster bisque and onion soup are both excellent. On another thread I found it odd someone was insisting the food was the same in the MDR and why should she pay more. It's not even close to true.

I am always too stuffed for dessert... so I ask for the fruit/cheese plate "to go" and I take it back to the cabin for "balcony nibbles" along with my 1/2 price wine I order on the first night at the steakhouse... and I enjoy a sunset balcony happy hour the next night!

I would think you should be able to get an app in place of dessert, but I guess ship to ship and steakhouse to steakhouse. :-) Personally the cheese plate is nasty haha, I don't do sweet, and not into melons etc. so I would like an app as well!!

I'd first like to start out by saying the steak house on carnival ( miracle ) was one of the best steaks I'd ever eaten. That's saying a lot because I go out to eat a lot . 100% worth the charge if you were wondering. On with my story.

I wanted to try pretty much every app. I'm not sure if I could have ordered more than one so I didn't. Also you want room for the steak. So when desert time came around , I am personally not a sweet/desert person. So I ordered an appetizer while the dw ordered the chocolate sampler thing. Too bad he waitress told me I couldn't get that. She said it's time for desert. I said no thanks and tried again explaining I'm not getting desert. She looked at me like I was crazy ( maybe I am lol ) and stuck to her guns and wouldn't let me order it. What the heck is that about

He was correct.

OP-Years ago we used to go to Chi-Chi's and I loved their small dinner salad. I would sometimes order it as a dessert without any problems, so I don't think your request was out of line, especially as not everyone can eat desserts. I'm glad you enjoyed your steak.

On Miracle a few weeks ago I ordered a second appetizer (I had lobster bisque and crab cakes) and she said I could only have the second app in place of my salad. We were also able to order as many sides as we wanted as I noticed these portions are not really as large as they used to be. When desert came and I was way too full, I took the cheesecake to go and put in my frig for a snack later on that night.

You mean fridge.