Tortola

Badgeaz

I recently saw an article that tortola suffered lots of damage from a storm earlier this month. Are the norweigian ships changing to a different stop. I'm on the escape in about 4 months and am concerned about booking any excursions.

Badgeaz

Ask on the port of call boards for BVI, but I haven't heard any reports of significant damage. No hurricanes have passed through in some time. Keep an eye on Irma. Don't know if it's going to slide south or not.

Thanks for the tip

Badgeaz

Well, I found what you were talking about. Tortola's port suffered damage in flash flooding from a tropical wave and was closed a few days for clean-up. Disney's Fantasy had to make a different port call.

https://www.thedailyherald.sx/islands/68516-disney-fantasy-in-port-tomorrow

Of course, now we are all hoping the best for Tortola, the rest of the BVI, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, St. John, etc.... as Irma approaches, too closely.

I recently saw an article that tortola suffered lots of damage from a storm earlier this month. Are the norweigian ships changing to a different stop. I'm on the escape in about 4 months and am concerned about booking any excursions.

Badgeaz

We were on the Escape from 8/12-8/19 and were diverted from Tortola to San Juan due to damage at the port from a tropical storm earlier in the week. Nothing was said that this was a permanent change so I would guess that the ship has returned.

Badgeaz

I think that your concern is with Irma, not what happened a few weeks ago. The BVI are in the bullseye, and there is nothing to slow the storm down before it get there. The best they can hope for is a slight wobble to the north so that the islands are south of the eye. The USVI are slightly south, but they are going to get slammed too. I would not be surprised to find that they suffer extreme infrastructure damage.

Ask on the port of call boards for BVI, but I haven't heard any reports of significant damage. No hurricanes have passed through in some time. Keep an eye on Irma. Don't know if it's going to slide south or not.

Will be watching, we are taking the 14 day on the BA