Change of itinerary

beloum

I saw the same tweet from James and it's good to have a sense of what might happen. We have not received any notification from Celebrity and have been told by others that often the notification comes during check-in. Interesting to see that the majority of the itinerary actually held, though the order was shuffled up. I didn't think we'd be going near the Eastern Caribbean. I suppose one reason we have not been notified yet is this has not been 100% decided upon yet. They still have time to change the itinerary based on the latest hurricane track overnight.

Celebrity called me an hour ago and left me a message giving me the same info that Van Fleet gave me on twitter.

Btw, For that may not be aware James Van Fleet is Royal Caribbeans corporate meteorologist

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is he the one featured when the weather channel broadcasted the solar eclipse cruise on the Royal ship? He seemed very knowledgeable...of course with storms you never really know! Glad they are top of it...

Confirmed, but of course everything is subject to change once we sail. Actually impressed we kept most of the original ports. We fully expected to go west.

Sept 4 - Miami

Sept 5 - At Sea

Sept 6 - At Sea

Sept 7 - Willemstad, Curacao

Sept 8 - At Sea

Sept 9 - Bridgetown, Barbados

Sept 10 - Castries, St. Lucia

Sept 11 - Phillipsburg, St. Maarten

Sept 12 - St. Johns, Antigua

Sept. 13 - At Sea

Sept. 14 - At Sea

Sept. 15 - Miami

I just met some pax who are B2B. They report that when they got the info on board yesterday they were told that Celebrity would be calling/emailing all the affected passengers boarding today. Well, not so much. I have spoken to around twenty passengers at lunch, on elevators etc. Nobody got a call. Can we blame it on the holiday weekend or somebody shoreside who dropped the ball?

Changing a port or two is one thing but shifting an entire cruise itinerary is quite another. Especially from Eastern Caribbean to the 3rd world Western Caribbean. We've never really considered a hurricane season cruise and this year has only reinforced that.

And this a perfect example of it not being a one-size-fits-all world. For us the Caribbean is all about the ship. So sailing in hurricane season is ideal for us since prices are lower and we really don't care what, if any, ports the ship visits.

How nice that we each can have our own outlook and preferences and we can each find sailings that match our very different approaches.

Cruise on!

And this a perfect example of it not being a one-size-fits-all world. For us the Caribbean is all about the ship. So sailing in hurricane season is ideal for us since prices are lower and we really don't care what, if any, ports the ship visits.

How nice that we each can have our own outlook and preferences and we can each find sailings that match our very different approaches.

Cruise on!

Point taken and we may well get to that point after visiting a few more islands. We have a 2019 booked that hits 6 ports in 7 days with a couple that we've already been to. We may well just snooze by the pool for those two.