Luggage direct Koninsdam FLL?

jenp123

I have used this service in the past but never on the koninsdam (I cant often take advantage as I usually fly Canadian airlines)

I am looking at using delta or united airlines and would like to know if this service is available on the koninsdam in FLL and what airlines are participating.

thanks

jen

KnowBeforeYouGo says all ships, but doesn't specify airlines:

• Luggage Direct is available on all or our vessels when sailing in andout of the following ports:

º Fort Lauderdale

º Seattle

For more information, or to sign up go tomaketraveleasier.com/Holland or call 1-877-847-0045 to speak to oneof our customer service representatives.Please note the following general information about Luggage Direct:• Cost is US$19.95 per person (subject to change)• Airline-assessed baggage fees will be applied to guest’s onboardaccount when applicable as per your airlines rules.• Guests may check no more than 3 pieces of luggage per person.• Upgrade requests, seat assignment changes, and flight changescannot be accommodated onboard.• Restrictions for each homeport city include participating airlines,earliest and latest flight times, and citizenship requirements.

I did use this service in December 2016 from the Koningsdam but I am certain that the cost was $25 for my two pieces of luggage. Though I will admit to a bit of nervousness when I arrived at my destination, the luggage arrived without a scratch.

By using this service, we were advised that you avoid luggage overweight charges as well, certainly a bonus if you are a port shopper. :cool:

Okay Delta and United are both listed for this service. The odd thing is that every Holland ship EXCEPT Prinsendam is listed. Naturally is is the Prinsendam that we will be sailing into FLL on. darn.

I suspect it is not listed as the Prinsendam is rarely in FLL or Seattle (if at all ;) ).

I am quite sure people have used it on the ship from FLL when we were on her.

Good choice in ship, by the way ;)

this is one time I would call HAL to double check (or send an email to you have it in writing ;) )

We have used Luggage Direct several times, the last time was on the Koningsdam in FLL. We always just book it ahead of time through the website (https://www.maketraveleasier.com/holland). I bring along a copy of our confirmation and double check once onboard to be sure everything is in place. So far it has always worked beautifully.

I don't think it works on Trans Atlantics.... Customs issues

What difference would it make if the ship was coming from Europe vs. Caribbean? Everyone would have to clear Customs in either case.

Same would be true if the ship were returning from South America, or coming through the Panama Canal.

I don't think it works on Trans Atlantics.... Customs issues

What difference would it make if the ship was coming from Europe vs. Caribbean? Everyone would have to clear Customs in either case.

Same would be true if the ship were returning from South America, or coming through the Panama Canal.

You can definitely ship to Europe/TA. If the ship doesn't offer it, several companies do, including the company that HAL uses. We shipped in Europe and it worked well.(I had checked for TA shipping )There are specific prohibited items though so those you cannot pack.

Customs does have the right to inspect and the companies (including the one HAL uses) instruct not to forward if you have the prohibited items in it.

Pretty basic really - food, stuff most people wouldn't pack but there were a few things that many would pack that couldn't be. Worth reading the list. I didn't see any evidence of our box being opened although I am sure it was xrayed.