Embarkment early due to Irma?

Reenie75

It really sucks, but on the other hand I must say that I feel very relieved. I only think it's pretty sad that I had to learn from this by a tweet of MSC (and now I came here to check this topic) - I don't think my travel agency is already aware of this news.

yes there are quite a few on here who are not only agents but work close with MSC. i was on the phone with an msc rep today, for quite a bit..they are doing all they can to keep passengers and ships safe... but i thought CC didn't like us stating we were agents or in company employ

Seems to me that MSC and NCL are being pretty fair. Get off in Miami now and drive home but with flights impossible to find you can extend your trip to what figures to be at least Monday or Tuesday. I think given a choice I would stay onboard rather than pay $1000 plus to fly home.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looks like there's more to come:

"Jose has strengthened into a dangerous Category 3 hurricane on the five-step Saffir-Simpson hurricane wind scale, the U.S. National Hurricane Center (NHC) said. Some additional strengthening was possible during the next 24 to 36 hours.

Jose is heading for the Caribbean and models then show it veering to the north before Puerto Rico."

First of all, If I understand the question I would have to ask a question. Which Sailing. This weekend's sailing has been cancelled. It is the one that will be affected by the storm. If that is the case then then there is no problem because no one is leaving. The storm will be over by the next cruise unless the port is not opened. Then you have to deal with that.

First of all, If I understand the question I would have to ask a question. Which Sailing. This weekend's sailing has been cancelled. It is the one that will be affected by the storm. If that is the case then then there is no problem because no one is leaving. The storm will be over by the next cruise unless the port is not opened. Then you have to deal with that.

The question related to the sailing on 9th September and was posted prior to the cancellation.

Monroe County (The Keys) and Miami -Dade are starting mandatory evacuations this morning.

This means tourists are being told to leave so that business owners can close up shop and evacuate.

There is no way a cruise ship is leaving Miami this weekend.

Can't fine your E-mail address. Contact me please. Wanting to know if you are safe from the storm.

Maria

geocruisereagalprincess@yahoo.com

Maria, the email came back as undeliverable.

We are as safe as anyone can be. We are an hour north of Tampa on the coast (elevation of 50 ft). House is a concrete bunker built to Miami-Dade code.

We are hoping for heavy rain and tropical storm force winds.

Maria, the email came back as undeliverable.

We are as safe as anyone can be. We are an hour north of Tampa on the coast (elevation of 50 ft). House is a concrete bunker built to Miami-Dade code.

We are hoping for heavy rain and tropical storm force winds.

Stay safe. We are up north. My home in Florida, don't know what will happen there. It is about 500 feet from the ocean on a island elevation 10 feet!. This time I copies and pasted the E-mail address, so give it a try again.

Maria

geocruiserregalprincess@yahoo.com

More to come:

"Irma and Jose have set a record by being the first two hurricanes with speeds topping 150mph to appear at the same time.

While Irma has maintained speeds over 150mph for several days, officials reported that Hurricane Jose had been upgraded to an “extremely dangerous” category 4 storm maximum sustained winds near 150 mph, according to the National Hurricane Centre.

The storm currently sits east of the Leeward Islands and is forecast to move west-northwest into the Atlantic Ocean over the coming days, and could land a double blow to those locations that were wrecked by Irma.

Philip Klotzbach, a meteorologist at Colorado State University, said this was the first time there had been two hurricanes in the Atlantic with speeds topping 150mph.

“2 Atlantic hurricanes currently have winds of 150 mph (#Irma and #Jose) - 1st time on record Atlantic has had 2 150+ mph storms at same time,” he said on Twitter."

I'm beyond knowing what to say to those unfortunate enough to be in the path of these devastating storms.