Just Back from CMV Columbus: Hits and Misses

LauraS

Wow, knew that it was going to become the Columbus but didn't think it would be servicing a UK market. I thought our ships were old, but it seems you guys get our hand me downs.

Cruising from Singapore to London next year on Columbus. Will wear my Pacific Pearl lanyard for old times sake. Lol

• 2 weeks later...

We cruised on Columbus two weeks ago, we had a few doubts based on reviews and the fact that CMV is a budget line. We had a great cruise and loved Columbus. She looks as good as new inside and very light and airy. The food was very good, if a little limited in choice. The staff were great, service was generally good, we did have a couple of underwhelming service experiences at breakfast where it was clear new staff were being trained. Entertainment was reasonable, albeit I wasn't keen on the show lounge. I would certainly cruise on her again given the right itinerary.

Wow, knew that it was going to become the Columbus but didn't think it would be servicing a UK market. I thought our ships were old, but it seems you guys get our hand me downs.

Indeed Uncle Mic, Columbus is her firth name. The Brits have got some old ships, CMV, Fred Olsen etc, but Carnival sold Pacific Pearl to CMV for a few quid. Whereas as you know most of our older ships are hand me downs from the Carnival stable.:')

Cruising from Singapore to London next year on Columbus. Will wear my Pacific Pearl lanyard for old times sake. Lol

Classic, there might even be a few cans of Fourex Gold or VB hidden around the ship from her Aussie days, lol.:p