Hurricane Irma Discussion Here

PelicanBill

I appreciate the sentiment, but maybe because I'm 4 months after you and I'm happy to be going back to St Martin. By then much will be cleaned up but there will be a lot of scars. All I need is a beach chair and the sun to spend a day on Orient Beach.

Going to St. Martin in June and have really been looking forward to it - hard to pick an excursion. We've been watching this storm hit all our destinations (Oasis of the Seas June 3) ... St. Maarten, Puerto Rico and Haiti. DD's graduation gift. Here's hoping the travel industry provides enough revenue to rebuild ... otherwise I guess perhaps RCI may change itinerary.(???) good luck to you all traveling in the next couple months!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have youtubed all footage I could find on the aftermath in the Caribbean. It makes me cry. The friendly people, beautiful places I've encountered are no longer. I am not scheduled for a cruise until next year, but if I were, I definitely wouldn't be questioning "wonder if we will be going there, where would they go instead". I would contact the cruiseline and ask "how can we help". We have gotten to know these islands like a second home. It's sad. I am hoping the cruiselines come up with a way for us avid Caribbean cruisers to help...in person or by donation fund.

I think they were referring to the theme parks..........

Anyway, I am up in North Florida.......looks like all my neighbors to the south, both east and west coast will be hit:eek::(

And our "Local Weather"........we are having a small Nor'easter........of course Irma's path does not help..........

She is supposed to hit Key West tomorrow morning and travel up this way tomorrow night/Monday morning....

Cuba got slammed over night.

Wishing every safety.............

OK Back on topic please.

I hope everyone is out of the Keys and Naples and Ft. Myers are ready. And on up the west coast. East coast now can expect much less impact but it is a big storm. It will be a big deal for Orlando which doesn't often see anything this strong.

Jose is giving the leeward islands more trouble today and tomorrow and then Ts&Cs and maybe some of the Bahamas, but the predicted path has improved for Bermuda. Also a very dangerous storm.

My prayers are with you all. God watch over you and protect you. My parents were able to get out of Dodge earlier in the week...safe (for now) in Atlanta. Thanks be to God! But my DS and DBIL are staying behind in Tampa area. Be merciful to them all, Lord.

My prayers are with you all. God watch over you and protect you. My parents were able to get out of Dodge earlier in the week...safe (for now) in Atlanta. Thanks be to God! But my DS and DBIL are staying behind in Tampa area. Be merciful to them all, Lord.

Hope they will be safe there.......she is definitely a BEAST:eek:...........now the west coast is going to take a hit too.

I am very happy to report that NCL has commited 1 ship, RCCL has committed 2 ships, to sail for St. Thomas and St, Maarten to bring emergency supplies and pick up stranded tourists. They also have ships waiting to sail to Key West or Tampa to support relief. (looking at you, Carnival...)

I am very happy to report that NCL has commited 1 ship, RCCL has committed 2 ships, to sail for St. Thomas and St, Maarten to bring emergency supplies and pick up stranded tourists. They also have ships waiting to sail to Key West or Tampa to support relief. (looking at you, Carnival...)

That's awesome!! Makes the price of a cruise even more with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Irma is still a Cat 4. How about that phenomenon of the water getting sucked out to sea? Looks like you can walk out a couple hundred yards at least. Liable to be brutal when it comes back in.

That's exactly what killed hundreds in Sri Lanka in the Boxing Day tsunami. They walked out to collect stranded fish. Frightening.

Irma is still a Cat 4. How about that phenomenon of the water getting sucked out to sea? Looks like you can walk out a couple hundred yards at least. Liable to be brutal when it comes back in.
Nope, it came back gently, already back to normal. :)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk