Will Carnival follow now!

beerman2

And speaking of people who should check calendars before they edit messages....:o

I meant to say that the current message, which was posted earlier this morning, has yesterday's date on it. Now I am the idiot. Sorry everyone. I'll just keep checking the website every 5 minutes like everyone else.

And I'm still an optimist. I charged the camera batteries and put the camera in the backpack. Good thing I have pretty much all the other preparations done, so I have plenty of time to focus panicking.

You can't base your opinion on model outliers. US models generally show Irma hitting miami directly and traveling up through the peninsula, engulfing the entire peninsula. Euro models, typically more accurate, show it brushing south florida and hitting the western part of the state hardest. Both models show outliers, that happens, but you can't see the outlier and say here here, this is the one path of the storm.

The point is there are multiple models showing the path to be over the Bahamas, not just a couple, and no single agency knows where the final path will be so how can the cruise lines know very far ahead either. If they cancel too early guests get PO'ed if they cancel later guests get PO'ed, can't make everyone happy.

As for what I can't or can base my opinion on, who are you to make that decision?

The point is there are multiple models showing the path to be over the Bahamas, not just a couple, and no single agency knows where the final path will be so how can the cruise lines know very far ahead either. If they cancel too early guests get PO'ed if they cancel later guests get PO'ed, can't make everyone happy.
Actually, it is even worse: If they cancel when they end up not needing to, then both guests and shareholders get upset, while if they cancel later when they're sure they need to only guests get upset: 2 to 1; the former beats the latter.