Laundry

caribophile

Does the Royal have the 'fill a bag for $30 (give or take) service offered about mid-cruise?

I have not seen a bag deal offered for laundry. We take our own detergent and dryer sheets (pods are easiest) and do laundry ourselves on longer cruises. However, we find the dryers to be very hot and damaging to our clothes. So, we end up having to do two dryer cycles per load, it's expensive at $9 per load (one wash, two dry). Actually I think when we did laundry on the Royal we did not have to use a second dryer cycle, which was awesome!!

It's probably going to depend on the ship, and I can't say for the Royal as not sailed on it.

However it has been offered both times we did the Panama Canal on the Coral, which was 10 & 11 day trips. We are just off the Coral last week for 7-days in Alaska, and it was not offered then, so from our personal experience, it seems to only be longer cruises.

This is the patter from 2/2016 and you can see it was offered then:

25087662861_dc04f69aae_z.jpgF2 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

Thanks everyone. I see the laundry room not far from our cabin. Think I'll take a couple of pods and fabric sheets with us. I'm thinking the laundry room won't be busy at 5 am. I'm an early riser!

No, it will be locked and empty. The laundry rooms are kept locked at night to avoid bothering the passengers in the adjoining cabins. I believe they unlock them around 8:00 AM and then lock them at 10:00PM.

No, it will be locked and empty. The laundry rooms are kept locked at night to avoid bothering the passengers in the adjoining cabins. I believe they unlock them around 8:00 AM and then lock them at 10:00PM.

Absolutely correct from our experience. We were across from the laundry recently. While there is very little noise coming from inside the laundry itself, there was some lively discussion noise coming from the folks going in and out.