Passports

deborahjo

I just received my new passport yesterday.

FYI it only took 18 days. Of course one day was a holiday. Working days were 10 days. Not to bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did you use the express option? Also, did you apply in person or online?

Hi victory, no not express, too expensive and I wasn't in a rush since I wouldn't needed until Jan. 2018. I print the application online and mailed it. ;)

Was this a renewal or new passport holder?

I'm being told renewals currently are longer.

I hope not, I need mine beginning of October..

Was this a renewal or new passport holder?

I'm being told renewals currently are longer.

I hope not, I need mine beginning of October..

we renewed ours 2 weeks and 5 days ago and got mine back yesterday!

we got our pictures took at the post office and they gave me all the forms plus the envelope!

All these reports are encouraging. :) I hope the speed remains. I'm renewing my passport over a year early, because I have run out of pages. :) I'm hoping for an extension to an early mid October trip, Looking to add a week in Iceland with a 6 week, Ireland/ Barcelona med cruise and possible TA if the price dumps like it has in the past. :) I then need to fly to NYC for a Chinese Visa for a tentative end of year trip. I am getting the largest passport this time, at the time of the current one' s renewal, they were just adding pages.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

My Daughter went to the post office to get her pic, which I had no idea you could do. They sent hers back said the pic wasn't the right size. That's the whole reason she went there. Because she was short on time and wanted it right. Oh well. She has it now.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do you really have to fly to NYC to get a visa for China? Couldn’t you just use an online service? My sister-in-law used http://itseasy.com for a trip that required multiple visas and she seemed happy enough. Gotta be cheaper than flying to NYC?:confused:

To get the Chinese Visa you have to present your passport (and other documents) at a Chinese embassy. Not all cities have a Chinese embassy.

We used a Visa service to get ours. It was worth the extra cost for them to check that we had the correct documents, hand carry the application to and back from the embassy (in Los Angeles) and we just had to go pick it up.