Ft Lauderdale - Coral Princess cruise

Sannib00

Hi we are cruising from Ft Lauderdale in October on Coral Princess, we arrive at Ft Lauderdale airport at 6am, what is there to do between arriving and boarding the ship?

what time can we leave our luggage at the dock (Princess)?

Has anyone else been in this situation?

Yes, lots of people have been in the situation. It is discussed here fairly regularly.

Assuming you arrive on time, you still need to claim bags. That could take 30 or 45 minutes.

Common recommendation is to look from a place to have a leisurely breakfast. I wouldn't check my bags before all the off going bags have cleared...just to be safe. Say 10am.

You will be able to start checking in around 10:30 or 11.

Thanks, are there places to have breakfast near the dock?

Is there public transport to then go somewhere for half a day? or do people sit in the cruise terminal until boarding, which is around 1pm I think

None of my favorite's for breakfast. Taxi to Lester's Diner in Fort Lauderdale or Grandpa's Bakery in Dania Beach (a favorite of the Food Network) and worth getting there. Then taxi to port when you're done...boarding will usually start earlier than you're assuming.

do people sit in the cruise terminal until boarding, which is around 1pm I think

There are no seats (maybe a few benches depending upon the terminal) outside the terminals when waiting for check-in. Princess usually begins check-in at 11 am with wedding parties, suite passengers and elite and platinum loyalty members being processed first followed by everyone else. Boarding usually starts between 11:45 and noon in the same order ('everyone else' is given a group number when checking in and groups are called in order for boarding). A nice feature on Princess is that you can go directly to your cabin upon boarding.