Juneau docking

Megan01

Hi we are heading out next week on the Island Princess and have a whale watching tour booked with Harv and Marv. They have advised they want to change pick up from the ship to the tram entrance. I have no idea where we dock and my husband has knee issues that inhibit walking. Does anyone know where the Island docks in relation to the tram entrance?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi we are heading out next week on the Island Princess and have a whale watching tour booked with Harv and Marv. They have advised they want to change pick up from the ship to the tram entrance. I have no idea where we dock and my husband has knee issues that inhibit walking. Does anyone know where the Island docks in relation to the tram entrance?

Every time I have seen the Princess ships in Juneau it appears they always moor nearest to the Tram area, good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Island Princess will be in Juneau on September 10. She will berth at Franklin Dock (FKL). Franklin Dock is located one berth south of the Mt Roberts Tram building and is about a quarter-mile walk.

Here is the cruise ship schedule for Juneau showing dock locations:

http://claalaska.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Juneau-JNU-2017.pdf (page 5)

And here is a page describing the dock locations and other useful information.

http://cruiseportwiki.com/Juneau

If your husband has trouble walking, I would recommend contacting Harv & Marv and letting them know this. Request that they keep the original pickup point in front of your ship at Franklin Dock (FKL).

Every time I have seen the Princess ships in Juneau it appears they always moor nearest to the Tram area, good luck!

On one of our four visits to Juneau, we were at the AJ Dock, which definitely adds some mileage to the journey...

If you look at the schedule linked above, you'll notice Princess sends many ships up to Alaska throughout the season, and Princess will occupy pretty much every dock at one time or another. This year, the Island Princess is scheduled to use Franklin Dock on each visit to Juneau.

On September 10, the Island will be making its last visit to Juneau this year and will be using the Franklin Street Dock. It will be a bit of a walk from the tram entrance. We were on the Ruby the first of August and we used the same dock in Juneau.

Last May, it was a LONG walk back up to the Coral Princess...

We had our whale watching tour drop us off at the main area, to check out Juneau, and it was a bit of a walk/hike.

Not sure of the exact names/locations, but we were not at the main Cruise Ship docks. We walked up from the main area, and then curved back up around to the right.

From that diagram posted (good info!) I believe we got 'lucky' and docked at AJ.

The Island Princess will be in Juneau on September 10. She will berth at Franklin Dock (FKL). Franklin Dock is located one berth south of the Mt Roberts Tram building and is about a quarter-mile walk.

Here is the cruise ship schedule for Juneau showing dock locations:

http://claalaska.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Juneau-JNU-2017.pdf (page 5)

And here is a page describing the dock locations and other useful information.

http://cruiseportwiki.com/Juneau

If your husband has trouble walking, I would recommend contacting Harv & Marv and letting them know this. Request that they keep the original pickup point in front of your ship at Franklin Dock (FKL).

Thanks. I appreciate all the info. We are in Juneau September 15 and your link indicates the Franklin dock. We have asked they leave pick up the same but if not, hopefully the walk is manageable.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have used Harv and Marv a couple of times and have found them to be delightful. My biggest concern would be getting your husband from the shuttle drop off point out to the dock where the boat is. There is a ramp that can be fairly steep (depending on tides) and depending on where the boat is, can be a bit of a walk.

The last three times I have been in Juneau, there were little tram carts, like in the airports, to help people who had walking issues get to the end of the dock. No charge.

This. We have actually used one getting back to the ship because we were dog tired. They run back and forth all the time and the OP should have no difficulty at all getting where they need to be without worrying about walking issues.