Why do Cruise Lines sail during hurricane season

mainmast

As long as people book. They will stay. Not everybody can afford to fly to Europe. And these cruises are usually cheaper ( because of the uncertainty). Normally, it hasn't been this bad.

But I admit that 2017 will go down in history.

ps - I am flying out in a few hrs to do the British Isles cruise out of Southampton. But had I booked the Caribbean this week, I would be staying home.

We sailed Scotland-Canada September 2016 and had a great time! Photographed Montreal from just about every angle - lovely city! Hope you enjoy the British Isles as much! We're on the east coast of Scotland, opposite Edinburgh Castle. If you dock at Rosyth or Leith, have a look at our brand new road bridge that opened last week! Great photos of the original Rail Bridge, the first road bridge, and the new Queensferry Crossing - 1 behind the other in different construction materials, shapes and colours with some stunning scenery as a backdrop - but I am biased!

Why do Fools Fall in Love? :D

Because wise people are aware of the likely cost of the future divorce bill(it's always 'horrendous', adjusted for inflation, plus extras) ... But it was a lovely wedding - the groom's mother cried, the bride's mother cried - and even the cake was in tiers ...

So being new to this hurricane situation, how soon do we find out whether our cruise itinerary is changed? We specifically booked a cruise for Turks and Caicos. If we can't go, we might consider cancelling. Will we get a notification for the cruise line or our travel agent about any changes, and when can we expect it? We don't cruise for two months but I hear some places will not be near up and running for many months.

If after final payment , you can't just cancel because the itinerary changed.

Why do Fools Fall in Love? :D

Because wise people are aware of the likely cost of the future divorce bill(it's always 'horrendous', adjusted for inflation, plus extras) ... But it was a lovely wedding - the groom's mother cried, the bride's mother cried - and even the cake was in tiers ...

Why Does Love Got To Be So Sad?

:loudcry:

Hurricane season starts in June and finishes in November.

In the US Virgin Islands they have a public holiday in November - Hurricane Day - to celebrate the end of the season. A few years ago, they had a hurricane after that!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So being new to this hurricane situation, how soon do we find out whether our cruise itinerary is changed? We specifically booked a cruise for Turks and Caicos. If we can't go, we might consider cancelling. Will we get a notification for the cruise line or our travel agent about any changes, and when can we expect it? We don't cruise for two months but I hear some places will not be near up and running for many months.

If you want to visit a specific place, you would have a better guarantee booking a land trip. We missed our port stop at Grand Turk because of a tropical storm (in mid-December).

As already stated, you can't cancel with no penalty if you've made your final payment.

Why Does Love Got To Be So Sad?

:loudcry:

Because people find it difficult to be on their best behaviour constantly?

If you could answer the question seriously (rules me out) and produce an antidote, you'd be a very rich person! 'Love is blind' springs to mind - the faults that were present at the time of that first meeting were still there at the break up - but thay are now much more apparent (cynic that I am). 'Don't make love at the garden Gate - Love may be blind, but the neighbours ain't' ...:D

We sailed Scotland-Canada September 2016 and had a great time! Photographed Montreal from just about every angle - lovely city! Hope you enjoy the British Isles as much! We're on the east coast of Scotland, opposite Edinburgh Castle. If you dock at Rosyth or Leith, have a look at our brand new road bridge that opened last week! Great photos of the original Rail Bridge, the first road bridge, and the new Queensferry Crossing - 1 behind the other in different construction materials, shapes and colours with some stunning scenery as a backdrop - but I am biased!

And also built in 3 different centuries, 19th, 20th and 21st. Quite unique I believe ( also biased ) [emoji6]

And also built in 3 different centuries, 19th, 20th and 21st. Quite unique I believe ( also biased ) [emoji6]

Unique they are! The new bridge metal suspension 'ropes' appear to sit at about 50 degrees angle to the water course. The bridge faces east, to sea, and when the morning sun catches the supports, it shimmers with rainbow colours! It really is a beautiful sight! I have been away from Scotland recently and the new bridge opened during my absence (I would have cut the ribbon if they could have waited 3 weeks - I'm cheaper than the Queen ...) so I haven't had the chance to use it yet. It's still a brilliant project!

Because people find it difficult to be on their best behaviour constantly?

If you could answer the question seriously (rules me out) and produce an antidote, you'd be a very rich person! 'Love is blind' springs to mind - the faults that were present at the time of that first meeting were still there at the break up - but thay are now much more apparent (cynic that I am). 'Don't make love at the garden Gate - Love may be blind, but the neighbours ain't' ...:D

Love is blind, but everybody asks and wonders about it .......

Where is the Love

Can’t Buy Me Love

Love is All You Need

Lost in Love

Stop! In the Name of Love

Wreckless Love

Crazy Love

Lovers in a Dangerous Time

You Give Love a Bad Name

Love’s Made a Fool of You

All Out of Love

I’ll never Fall in Love Again..........

That’s the Way Love is

:D

Ha ha ha ha ha!

Love is blind, but everybody asks and wonders about it .......

Where is the Love

Can’t Buy Me Love

Love is All You Need

Lost in Love

Stop! In the Name of Love

Wreckless Love

Crazy Love

Lovers in a Dangerous Time

You Give Love a Bad Name

Love’s Made a Fool of You

All Out of Love

I’ll never Fall in Love Again..........

That’s the Way Love is

:D

'Love Hurts (am I doing it wrong? Answers on a postcard, please ...)

Love Resurrection (the tablets have worked ...)

That Old Devil Called Love

Is This Love?

Crazy Little Thing Called Love

What Is This Thing Called Love? ('What is this thing called, love?')

No More I Love You's

Thin Line Between Love & Hate

Our Love

Only Love Can Break Your Heart

Love Is A Stranger

Missionary Man (Cheating - but see 'Love Hurts' :D)

Many, many more romantic or remorseful songs connected to love that don't feature the word in the title. Flicking through my music collection, I came across some great old numbers!

'Love Hurts (am I doing it wrong? Answers on a postcard, please ...)

Love Resurrection (the tablets have worked ...)

That Old Devil Called Love

Is This Love?

Crazy Little Thing Called Love

What Is This Thing Called Love? ('What is this thing called, love?')

No More I Love You's

Thin Line Between Love & Hate

Our Love

Only Love Can Break Your Heart

Love Is A Stranger

Missionary Man (Cheating - but see 'Love Hurts' :D)

Many, many more romantic or remorseful songs connected to love that don't feature the word in the title. Flicking through my music collection, I came across some great old numbers!

Did you come across any of these?

Hurricane in your Bob Dylan collection, or

Surfing in a Hurricane in your Jimmy Buffett collection?

See Mods, we're still on topic!:D

Did you come across any of these?

Hurricane in your Bob Dylan collection, or

Surfing in a Hurricane in your Jimmy Buffett collection?

See Mods, we're still on topic!:D

No - both new to me. Haven't had much time with the music this year - need to find time to listen - starting with a cruise-themed playlist to stay on topic ...'Who Pays the Ferryman?' - Chris de Burgh (just to show I don't make empty promises!) + Ship to Shore by Mr De B.as well. And 'The Whale' by ELO - because we spend hours on deck hoping for a sighting ... (How tenuous can this thread get?). And 'Dreadlock Holiday' by 10cc (October 29th Cruise is next - Cuba & The Caribbean ... so that's us back on track ... :D

That's why I was explicit in my reply, saying, "If you mean San Pedro to San Francisco" and so not referring to some other itinerary that included both, as Ashland's original comment could have been interpreted.

Sorry you misinterpreted my routing...I guess I should have given you "specifics"... My bad for assuming it was clearly understood ;)

No - both new to me. Haven't had much time with the music this year - need to find time to listen - starting with a cruise-themed playlist to stay on topic ...'Who Pays the Ferryman?' - Chris de Burgh (just to show I don't make empty promises!) + Ship to Shore by Mr De B.as well. And 'The Whale' by ELO - because we spend hours on deck hoping for a sighting ... (How tenuous can this thread get?). And 'Dreadlock Holiday' by 10cc (October 29th Cruise is next - Cuba & The Caribbean ... so that's us back on track ... :D

..... for a nanosecond. ;)