How Long to Cozumel ?

Charleyann

Good Morning everyone......I had my 7 day cruise changed to a 4 night cruise. I am just going to Cozumel aboard Carnival Conquest from Port Everglades. There is no information on when we will be in Cozumel . How long does it take to get to Cozumel direct from Port Everglade ? Would like to book an excursion . I called Carnival and they don't know if we will be there two days , one day or when .....

I am taking my lemons and making lemonade......After three knee revisions in 4 years due to a chromium allergy just discovered June and a 3rd revision followed three weeks later ......I am turning this bad luck CRAP around . Throw them lemons because i understanding you can make great lemonade :cool:

I could not get a answer from my contact at Carnival either. I believe it takes a day and a half to get there. But that is based off friends who have been there before not experience. I would like to know what the difference in price is as well, how much will be refunded.

I am also on this cruise and very upset that they did not just cancel it. And now there is a earthquake that hit Mexico. We are not destined for vacation this week.

I could not get a answer from my contact at Carnival either. I believe it takes a day and a half to get there. But that is based off friends who have been there before not experience. I would like to know what the difference in price is as well, how much will be refunded.

I am also on this cruise and very upset that they did not just cancel it. And now there is a earthquake that hit Mexico. We are not destined for vacation this week.

tsunami warning Now!

I agree , We weren't meant to cruise at this time. :D

I have been to Cozumel several times but not direct from a port . Although it took one day to get there from Key West.......

Why couldn't Carnival split the cruise with the next going out .....borrowed a day to give us more then 1 port day . Oh well....We just have to make the best of it . Carnival may very well cancel after the hurricane in Florida due to damage.

Charleyann

Good Morning everyone......I had my 7 day cruise changed to a 4 night cruise. I am just going to Cozumel aboard Carnival Conquest from Port Everglades. There is no information on when we will be in Cozumel . How long does it take to get to Cozumel direct from Port Everglade ? Would like to book an excursion . I called Carnival and they don't know if we will be there two days , one day or when .....

I am taking my lemons and making lemonade......After three knee revisions in 4 years due to a chromium allergy just discovered June and a 3rd revision followed three weeks later ......I am turning this bad luck CRAP around . Throw them lemons because i understanding you can make great lemonade :cool:

Hi there

Why don't you wait till you are on the ship and see what they are telling you then. You would be able to make any arrangements for an excursion with emails onboard. The tour operators would have had disrupted bookings for a while and if they can accommodate you, they will. Of course there would be things available through the ship and if you still couldn't find something that interests you there are many great beach clubs in Cozumel.

have a great cruise

It's real hard to tell because on most cruises, the first day is a sea day. Not too many times does a ship go directly to the first port. We've been to Cozumel several times but it's always been from another port and you don't know how much circling they did during the night to make the next port.

Cozumel can usually be reached from Southern Florida ports by 8 or 9AM after your first full day at sea. If you leave Florida at 4pm, you're cruising off the Keys that night, then the next day sailing along and around western Cuba. The next morning you can be in Cozumel.

It's 526 nm from PEV to Cozumel. Leaving in the late afternoon/evening (4-5pm) and arriving in Cozumel at around 0600-0700 only takes about 13 knots, so they could be there at a normal time on the second day. However, with the number of ships changing to Western itineraries, there may be port congestion in Coz, and they may have to delay a half day or a full day, and steam around.

Cozumel can usually be reached from Southern Florida ports by 8 or 9AM after your first full day at sea. If you leave Florida at 4pm, you're cruising off the Keys that night, then the next day sailing along and around western Cuba. The next morning you can be in Cozumel.

Yup! This is the exact itinerary we are booked on RCCL in December (unfortunately couldn't find the right deal on Carnival for that one). We depart PEV around 4pm, have a day at sea, and then almost the whole day in Coz, before another day at sea on the way home.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums