Insurance question

jansarts

Just wondering....More than likely our up coming cruise will be cancelled. , I understand Carnival will offer a different itinerary or FCC, which is fine and will have to see how our home survives Irma, if we can go.. However, I also always buy travel insurance from a private insurance co.,not Carnival, that includes "cancel for any reason"..So if I have to cancel or Carnival cancels, Can I claim a refund from my private insurance company, as well the FCC or full refund from Carnival. Feels like double dipping. Does any have experience with this?

No, you would not be able to make a claim against the insurance in addition to receiving a full refund from Carnival. The intent of cancellation insurance is to make you whole, not gave you come out ahead.

With the insurance I purchase, if Carnival cancels my cruise and refunds my cruise fare, I can get my insurance premium refunded too

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just wondering....More than likely our up coming cruise will be cancelled. , I understand Carnival will offer a different itinerary or FCC, which is fine and will have to see how our home survives Irma, if we can go.. However, I also always buy travel insurance from a private insurance co.,not Carnival, that includes "cancel for any reason"..So if I have to cancel or Carnival cancels, Can I claim a refund from my private insurance company, as well the FCC or full refund from Carnival. Feels like double dipping. Does any have experience with this?

Only if you are willing to risk an insurance fraud charge which is a felony in most states.

A part of filling an insurance claim is providing proof of your loss, if there is no loss then there is no claim. But you maybe allowed to claim expenses occurred not related to the cruise line fare depending on the terms of your policy. Such as if you flew to the port to find your cruise cancelled, the airfare and hotels could be reimbursed.

A part of filling an insurance claim is providing proof of your loss, if there is no loss then there is no claim. But you maybe allowed to claim expenses occurred not related to the cruise line fare depending on the terms of your policy. Such as if you flew to the port to find your cruise cancelled, the airfare and hotels could be reimbursed.
How would someone file for that? It says we would have to provide proof of loss, specifically proof of "airfare cancellation charges". If the flights are canceled then there's no problem getting that proof from the airline, but if you actually fly the flight, I don't know what I would be able to submit for proof of loss?