Favorite Port?

BahamaMama1214

We're looking at booking another cruise, and we think it's time to try something new. We've done the typical western (Belize, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Mahogany Bay) and eastern (San Juan, Grand Turk, St. Thomas, Amber Cove) more times than we can count. We've also done Nassau and Half Moon Cay. What's your favorite port outside of the ones we've already done? We're hoping to go to at least one new port on our cruise and I need some inspiration.

Not much choice left in the near future. Ours was St Maartin, Tortola and Virgin Gorda.

Try the ABC'S

We're praying hard for all of the people on those little islands we all love, it's so sad. We're looking at dates in late 2018, so we're hoping that they'll recover enough that the ports will open back up and can accept tourists again. Their economies depend on tourism so much.

Not much choice left in the near future. Ours was St Maartin, Tortola and Virgin Gorda.

Try the ABC'S[/quote

Virgin Gorda is not a cruise port, it's a side trip from Tortola, probably to the Baths

I know that. Would making it one of my favorite Islands make you feel fetter? Jeeeese!

My first suggestion would be St. Lucia. Castries, and the immediate port area if one would choose not to go elsewhere, is interesting and I found enjoyable. The people are tourist friendly. A tour into the interior of the island is scenic and a tour to visit the Twin Peaks at the Southern part of the island are worthwhile. My traveling companion and I enjoyed a catamaran tour that went along the West side of St, Lucia and stopped at a bay for those who wished to snorkel.

My second choice would be St. Barts. But, Irma may have caused that island to be off the tourist map for awhile. Again: scenic, pleasant tourist-friendly citizens, good French cuisine, and excellent French wine at very reasonable prices are why we enjoyed our visit. And, my 2nd!

I know that. Would making it one of my favorite Islands make you feel fetter? Jeeeese!

really doesn't make me feel good or bad. We love VG too, kept our boat at VGYH for a a few years. The people are much more friendly than Tortola. The question was favorite port. We also love St.Martin and we also docked there for a few years. The boat yard we were in was destroyed. Fortunately we sold our boat in January.

My second choice would be St. Barts. But, Irma may have caused that island to be off the tourist map for awhile. Again: scenic, pleasant tourist-friendly citizens, good French cuisine, and excellent French wine at very reasonable prices are why we enjoyed our visit. And, my 2nd!

I hadn't even thought of St. Barts! But you have me intrigued so I'll look into it more.

Sydney, Australia-----we'll always remember how the news helicopters buzzed over the Lido deck, the fireboats sent out a spray and each boat sounded their horn as the Carnival Spirit pulled up to the Opera House and Sydney Bridge!

8117394598_5821fa43fd_z.jpg

I would LOVE to do an Australia cruise! Maybe someday... :)

Besides Cayman and St. Maarten, I would go with: Bonaire, Bermuda, & Juneau.

You can get to St. Barts from St. Maarten, setting up a private excursion through Captain Alan, but you'll need 10 people to make it the most affordable. I had too many flakes on why last cruise, and had to cancel. Celebrity directly offers an excursion there, but without enough interest, ours was cancelled. I'm hoping 3rd times a charm, next time... To my knowledge, the only major cruise line that goes to St. Barts directly is Holland America, and on a longer exotic itinerary.

Bora Bora and Moorea which are islands of French Polynesia are some of my favorites. Carnival only sail there twice a year on the Legend transpacific.

cc9861b7657b455558e036c4f41dbb89.jpg this is from Moorea

b1dee2d14d33fc19404f84b567183b3b.jpg and this is Bora Bora.

Fiji is also nice Suva especially. If you head away from Suva City to the coral coast it is quite nice!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Besides Cayman and St. Maarten, I would go with: Bonaire, Bermuda, & Juneau.

You can get to St. Barts from St. Maarten, setting up a private excursion through Captain Alan, but you'll need 10 people to make it the most affordable. I had too many flakes on why last cruise, and had to cancel. Celebrity directly offers an excursion there, but without enough interest, ours was cancelled. I'm hoping 3rd times a charm, next time... To my knowledge, the only major cruise line that goes to St. Barts directly is Holland America, and on a longer exotic itinerary.

Fingers crossed!

Bora Bora and Moorea which are islands of French Polynesia are some of my favorites. Carnival only sail there twice a year on the Legend transpacific.

cc9861b7657b455558e036c4f41dbb89.jpg this is from Moorea

b1dee2d14d33fc19404f84b567183b3b.jpg and this is Bora Bora.

Fiji is also nice Suva especially. If you head away from Suva City to the coral coast it is quite nice!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Any port in Alaska is great!

Although I love the Caribbean, Alaska was my favorite cruise:D

I would love to do a Pacific cruise as well as Alaska! But we live on the east coast, so it's significantly cheaper to do Caribbean. We're looking at doing an Alaska as a congratulations trip when DH finishes his PHD program, but that won't be for a few more years...

I would LOVE to do an Australia cruise! Maybe someday... :)

Instead of a cruise, we just did a land vacation of a few weeks each in Australia, New Zealand, and the Cook Islands this past February and March.

While in Sydney for a few days, we watched as a different cruise line docked there every morning. They do have an amazing harbor, and ferries ply the water for local commuting as well. Our hotel was right next to the Sydney Bridge, and we could easily walk down to the seaport and ferry landings, and the Sydney Opera House as well. It is truly a special place.

Great pic!