Update from the Oasis

Hopefully, this isn't too late but there are several pharmacies in Mahahual on the boardwalk. There are a few new and well stocked ones. It's a $4 cab ride and a great place to spend a day. I get retin-a and latisse there every time we stop in Costa Maya. Good Luck!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

what on earth are you talking about?

The Captain said his staff were happy to assist us get meds, I waited 1.5 hours in line to find out it would cost $147 plus meds and chose to try for getting them in Costa Maya (found it just fine for $20) or go without. I never said it was an emergency visit or I was ill or expecting free medical care. What is wrong withe people?

But You sure were complaining about the high charges early in the post.

FYI for those on board. Port Canaveral updated their Facebook page (website said Facebook would be updated first. The update said that all ships that remained in port were secure minimal damage and they would have the port cleared ASAP, but didn't commit to a date yet.

The Captain said his staff were happy to assist us get meds, I waited 1.5 hours in line to find out it would cost $147 plus meds and chose to try for getting them in Costa Maya (found it just fine for $20) or go without. I never said it was an emergency visit or I was ill or expecting free medical care. What is wrong withe people?

I'm so glad my memory hasn't totally gone and that there was, indeed, a pharmacy at Costa Maya, and that you were able to find your med.

The ship sailed yesterday but the info maybe useful to others.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As usual, I'm a day late and a dollar short. :). With all that rain and wind, I flaked out again! Hopefully info will help someone and I'm glad poster found their meds.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Heard the alpha call and also hope all is ok. Actually, surprisingly few alpha calls this week, compared to the cruise the week prior.

Hey biker - are you still using free internet? I had to buy a day or a package. Huge line at zoom desk - but don't know why.

Hope you are enjoying the extended cruise.

M

For $147 from each passenger who needed meds, no wonder the staff was happy to assist.

Hey biker - are you still using free internet? .

M

The free package disappeared around noon today. I got the rest of the cruise package free with my D discount.

The ship speed almost doubled since the medical call - I assume an evacuation is being set up.

Here is something for the folks worried about the dress code - what is acceptable on a 7 day sailing that is extended to 10 days and they add a third formal night?

You should have started a new thread for that.;)

Here is something for the folks worried about the dress code - what is acceptable on a 7 day sailing that is extended to 10 days and they add a third formal night?

We want pictures!

Is that when the not so nice shorts make an appearance?

Couldn't really tell any diff - there were still anything from tuxes to the not so nice shorts.

But, apparently a somewhat special extra menu was made available with Beef Wellington as the recommended entree - nowhere near as good as the one I had on Celebrity.

Can someone tell me if Oasis offers a surf only internet vs the combined Voom + stream? I know you are in slightly different situation, but curious about on a normal voyage. If yes, can you tell me the cost. The Surf only does not show up as a cruise planner item. Thanks much in advance, hope you have smooth sailings home.