Any news on Port Canaveral this morning?

dayzfan4life

I am scheduled to leave home (Indianapolis) Saturday to drive to PC to get onboard the Liberty the 17th. Have there been any updates this morning on the port conditions after the storm? Praying for the safety of all Floridians and those who chose to ride out Irma. Also hoping Jose stays out to sea and doesn't become a problem for the US or my cruise! :cool:

I am scheduled to leave home (Indianapolis) Saturday to drive to PC to get onboard the Liberty the 17th. Have there been any updates this morning on the port conditions after the storm? Praying for the safety of all Floridians and those who chose to ride out Irma. Also hoping Jose stays out to sea and doesn't become a problem for the US or my cruise! :cool:

I hope to be sitting at Grills watching your ship leave as I get on Majesty of the Seas on Monday. Good luck. We are also leaving Saturday to drive down. I'm participating in your roll call as I plan on taking some pictures of your ship when/if it leaves. I checked Port Canaveral's website and they said to check their facebook page for updates. http://facebook.com/portcanaveral

Hurricane Irma Port Canaveral Update:

BCSO, Canaveral Fire Rescue has been on scene at Port making preliminary assessments; no major damage noted at this point. All vessels that remained in port are secure. We will begin assessing general harbor conditions soon to facilitate return to normal operations as soon as possible. Port remains closed until further notice.

www.portcanaveral.com/FYI

Just saw this update on the Ports Facebook page.

I hope to be sitting at Grills watching your ship leave as I get on Majesty of the Seas on Monday. Good luck. We are also leaving Saturday to drive down. I'm participating in your roll call as I plan on taking some pictures of your ship when/if it leaves. I checked Port Canaveral's website and they said to check their facebook page for updates. http://facebook.com/portcanaveral

Thanks for the update Bill.

Thank you for the update Bill! I appreciate it. I hope my question didn't sound offensive or insensitive in any way. I am just trying to mark things off my checklist:

1. Is there still a ship. (check, they took it out to sea)

2. Is there still a port (check, per your message there seems to be no significant damage).

3. Are the roads passable to PC and Titusville where I am staying? (waiting on this info)

4. Is my hotel ok? (waiting)

5. Will we be able to get gas in Florida next weekend? (I don't mind filling up in GA and bringing a gas can if I have to LOL!)

6. Will Jose impact my embarkation? I am not even worried if we cruise to nowhere, just as long as I am onboard and sailing!!!!

Thank you for the update Bill! I appreciate it. I hope my question didn't sound offensive or insensitive in any way. I am just trying to mark things off my checklist:

1. Is there still a ship. (check, they took it out to sea)

2. Is there still a port (check, per your message there seems to be no significant damage).

3. Are the roads passable to PC and Titusville where I am staying? (waiting on this info)

4. Is my hotel ok? (waiting)

5. Will we be able to get gas in Florida next weekend? (I don't mind filling up in GA and bringing a gas can if I have to LOL!)

6. Will Jose impact my embarkation? I am not even worried if we cruise to nowhere, just as long as I am onboard and sailing!!!!

Some things I've read from the port people seem to indicate power is the big issue, I guess, with no real merit, once power is restored news will come quickly. The people at Fishlips are optimistic. Carnival Liberty's position on Marinetraffic.com hasn't updated in a few days, not sure where she is.

I got 4 new tires and some recall work done on my car, all that is left is good news and packing. Hope you see you sail by on Sunday. Are you coming East then south? Coming through Columbus by chance? From my house I can go I77 or I75 south, I'm waiting to see where Irma's remnants are and traffic reports to decide which way I am going down.

At least with regard to Carnival:

John Heald

**Update – 9/12/17 – 9:30 PM (EDT)**

PORT CANAVERAL

GOOD NEWS! PORT CANAVERAL HAS REOPENED!

Carnival Magic will dock tomorrow morning.

Carnival Magic – September 9

Scheduled to depart Port Canaveral on September 13 for a 3 day cruise to Freeport and Nassau.

Embarkation time: Please adhere to pre-selected arrival appointment. All guests must arrive no later than 3:00PM.

Oasis looks good at terminal this morning. Canaveral & Tampa now open and all the tankers that have been anchored waiting to enter and unload gas are sailing in. Gas is arriving quickly now and road congestion is easing. The parking surface private lots will be cleared out and back in operation shortly. Still power outages but to see all the electrical trucks from all over the US and Canada is a blessing .Southern Florida & the Keys still in full disaster mode according to all local tv stations here

I'm hoping to hear about Radisson at the Port soon as well! Driving down on Saturday to get on Oasis on Sunday.

I broke down and tried to call the Radisson, all I got was a fast busy, so I assume their phones are still down. The observation station nearby still doesn't have power. I'll update this info as soon as I know anything.

I'm hoping to be back at the pool bar noon Sunday!

1stdrink.jpg

My hotel is in Titusville and we haven't heard anything from them. We are driving straight through the entire 15 hour journey to the port/hotel. Best case our hotel is available, worst case we sleep in the van for a few hours and get onboard first thing Sunday! Good news is we bought FTTF so we can get onboard as soon as they open!

My hotel is in Titusville and we haven't heard anything from them. We are driving straight through the entire 15 hour journey to the port/hotel. Best case our hotel is available, worst case we sleep in the van for a few hours and get onboard first thing Sunday! Good news is we bought FTTF so we can get onboard as soon as they open!

I hope things work out for you. When you sailaway, look at the deck of Grills Restaurant right behind Oasis of the Seas on your right side as you exit the port. If you yell, "Hey Bill" real loud, I'll take your picture. I just got a 400mm lens I'm anxious to try out.

I have been seeing reports of hotels in the Port Canaveral area not being open. I called Four Points Sheraton where we are scheduled to check-in on Saturday. They informed me they are closed due to no water and they hope to reopen on Saturday. I asked the employee when they would know for sure. She said the utility company was actively working on it and some local authority would make the ultimate decision. Being the hotel did not contact us about the closure, I wanted to let others know. Everyone might want to call ahead.