Fake swords onboard for Halloween???

Jzx1103

Anyone ever had any experience bringing fake weapons onboard a RCL ship for Halloween? My wife's costume includes a fake plastic sword, while I will be dressed as a Jedi with a replica lightsaber. Not sure if RCL will allow you to bring these items.

If they don't let them on board I expect they'll check them for you to pickup on your return or hold them in the naughty room. If they're cheap-o quality you don't mind losing I say bring them. If they're expensive, hand-made, irreplaceable cos-play accessories, leave them at home.

If they don't let them on board I expect they'll check them for you to pickup on your return or hold them in the naughty room. If they're cheap-o quality you don't mind losing I say bring them. If they're expensive' date=' hand-made, irreplaceable cos-play accessories, leave them at home.[/quote']

The sword is cheapy plastic, the Lightsaber however is a $120 item. Then again a lightsaber isn't a sword so I don't know.

Anyone ever had any experience bringing fake weapons onboard a RCL ship for Halloween? My wife's costume includes a fake plastic sword, while I will be dressed as a Jedi with a replica lightsaber. Not sure if RCL will allow you to bring these items.

I was on a Halloween cruise on Majesty in 2013. There were a few costumes with obvious fake swords and hatchets. One I saw may even have been inflatable.

The sword is cheapy plastic, the Lightsaber however is a $120 item. Then again a lightsaber isn't a sword so I don't know.

A $120 lightsaber :eek:...I would leave that at home...Get something cheaper and smaller to accent your costume onboard.

DS took a fake machete a few years ago. It ended up in a carry-on bag so TSA made us open our bag to check it out, but they let it through once they saw it was cheap hollow plastic. Royal never batted an eye about it. The most grief I got was from my wife for having it in the carry-on!

Light Saber? As long as it doesn't have a surge protector it should make it.

No way I would take a $120 light saber. However, that's your choice. We were on Allure for this last Halloween and saw plenty of plastic "sharp pointy" objects. It didn't seem RCCL cared. I did see some inflatable stuff also. TSA shouldn't be an issue if it's in your check luggage. Since you can put real guns in there I am thinking a light saber or sword wouldn't faze them.

Now, checking through TSA security dressed as a Jedi might raise some eyebrows.

Well, you wouldn't want anyone to mistake it for a real LightSaber that could actually injure people.

I think you're safe.

A $120 lightsaber :eek:...I would leave that at home...Get something cheaper and smaller to accent your costume onboard.

lol $120 light saber is cheap( not cheap as in poorly made but as light sabers go) my grandson holds a darth vader saber that is currently worth $600 because it is no longer made it is a three wasy saber with sound and full hilt. lol ;p it is the kylo ren no longer made.

Thanks for the replies, yea I already have the Lightsaber (it wasn't originally bought for Halloween). I just figured I could use that and not have to buy another cheaper one, but yea I'll be very careful with it. I was more afraid they would confiscate it thinking I could bash someone with it or something :rolleyes:

lol $120 light saber is cheap( not cheap as in poorly made but as light sabers go) my grandson holds a darth vader saber that is currently worth $600 because it is no longer made it is a three wasy saber with sound and full hilt. lol ;p it is the kylo ren no longer made.

Good for him....but he wouldn't be bringing it on a cruise...now would he.

$120 might be "cheap" in your opinion but perhaps not in the mind of other's...

It's up to the OP if he wants to take a chance on something happening to something of value to him...you never know what that something might be...regardless of how careful one can be.

Good for him....but he wouldn't be bringing it on a cruise...now would he.

$120 might be "cheap" in your opinion but perhaps not in the mind of other's...

It's up to the OP if he wants to take a chance on something happening to something of value to him...you never know what that something might be...regardless of how careful one can be.

He might if he were going on a halloween cruise. Heck jewelry goes that is more... ;p. So as I stated Cheap is not a statement of quality but in reference to relativity. Would I take his light saber? you betcha. :D. Would I take my Grandsons? Yep. If we have things we can't enjoy why have them??