Elite Breakfast Questions

NantahalaCruiser

The method of presenting varies by itineraryvand by how many Elites there are. I asked Elaine, the Captains Club hostess on Equinox, and she says next week you will have the self serve buffet..
That has been our experience also.

They had the buffet when there were a lot of people, and the pre-plated menu service when there were fewer.

There was also the issue of carpet. The first time we were ever served a pre-plated breakfast there, we were told that the health inspectors told them they could not have a buffet setup on carpet.

I did notice in Tuscan that the buffet was set up on an uncarpeted area.

With the pre-plated choices, I do believe how much they are willing to vary them just depends on the server.

Some of them are willing to arrange a plate to order for you, but most of the time they bring you the whole plate and if you say you don't want such-and-such, they just tell you to eat what you want and leave the rest.

From what we heard (never got back there to witness it ourselves) it is no more wasteful if they bring you 3 separate plates from the menu than if they prepare one plate to order for you with only the items you request.

The food is pre-plated, so they just combine the items you choose from the 3 separate plates on to the one plate that they bring out to you, and throw away the leftovers that you didn't want.

I still prefer the buffet style setup where you help yourself to whatever you want and control the portion sizes yourself.

It is more relaxing than going to the regular buffet because everything is together in one place, so you don't need to go dashing around here and there and the other place to gather the items that you want. But the choices are far more limited.

I like to go there on mornings when I want to sleep in because they usually stay open later for breakfast than the regular sit-down-and-be-served breakfast venues.

Then after the elite breakfast, you head up to the buffet (which is still open for breakfast) to get your hot dishes, like Texed's famous waffles with assorted toppings, or your favorite version of eggs benedict.

By the time you have finished that, they have started serving lunch.

Can anyone please tell me where the Elite breakfast is held on the Constellation? Thanks.

Before the dry dock it was in Ocean liners now it was in Tuscan on our June cruise, just 5 weeks today and we will back on her, love the elite breakfast!

Then after the elite breakfast, you head up to the buffet (which is still open for breakfast) to get your hot dishes, like Texed's famous waffles with assorted toppings,

That definitely works for me. :D

Equinox buffet setup. Not a great photo but you can see the flooringf2fe3465933a38198ab438fc8f363f3d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's how it was on last years transatlantic on the Equinox, but the last 4 cruises it's been served to the table, I do prefer the buffet much less waste I think!

I've only been Elite my last 3 cruises, 2 were TA's and one was Caribbean cruise. All Elite breakfasts were buffet style in a S class ship. Also with TAs we had a lot of Elites and sea days,

One of the things I liked was it was opened till 10am on all 3 cruises. I am early riser & love breakfast, wife a late riser, hates big breakfasts. I would get up & go down for breakfast either at the Oceanview or BLU around 6am. Have full breakfast by 630a, then go off to the gym by 730a. Workout and shower in the gym by 930a. Then the wife & I go down the Elite breakfast which I would enjoy a Bloody Mary and a latte. Wife would just have fruit and maybe a yogurt. Also going late it was never crowded and was usually able to get aft window table. Nice way to start the day.

Before the dry dock it was in Ocean liners now it was in Tuscan on our June cruise, just 5 weeks today and we will back on her, love the elite breakfast!

I know on Summit Deck 3 shows Tuscan Grill, and on Constellation shows Tuscan Grill on Deck 11 and Qsine on Deck 3.

I know on Summit Deck 3 shows Tuscan Grill, and on Constellation shows Tuscan Grill on Deck 11 and Qsine on Deck 3.

That's correct Deck11 on Connie now, it was still lovely you could sit by the window and people watch! I must say though on the big ships Tuscan is a great place for elite breakfast. Once on a transatlantic there were lots of members and breakfast was in the MDR in the upper level. Dianne