Escape 9/23 - NCL Revised Itin

eldrima

Just got the email from NCL with the following revised Itin for our 9/23 Escape sailing:

Revised

Day Destination Arrive Depart

Sat Miami, Florida 4:00 pm

Sun At Sea

Mon Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras 10:00 am 6:00 pm

Tue Harvest Caye, Belize 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Wed Costa Maya, Mexico 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Thu Cozumel 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Fri At Sea

Sat Miami, Florida 8:00 am

Edited by eldrima
Revised formatting

The email also said: "If you booked shore excursions through Norwegian Cruise Line for any of the ports of call on your original itinerary, your reservations will be automatically cancelled and a refund will be credited to your onboard account. We appreciate your understanding and hope that your cruise aboard Norwegian Escape is enjoyable and memorable. "

We have no intention on canceling or switching to a different cruise but the email made no mention of being able to switch to a different cruise without any penalty as mentioned in a post yesterday. No mention was made of any future discount or OBC as a result of the change...which I didn't expect was warranted.

While we were looking forward to repeating the Eastern Itin (which we got to enjoy 2 years ago on the Escape), we will enjoy this western one which we have been to in the last 2 cruises. The Escape has been my favorite ship and we are really looking forward to sailing on her again. This Itin provides 1 more port of call than the previously scheduled one. In a way, I see it as 2 more ports as we can't justify spending $500+ to take the kids to Atlantis water park for a few hours and therefore don't ever see the need to get off the boat in Nassau. We have never done much in Costa Maya but after reading some reviews on here, I think we will check out Maya Chan this time. Looking forward to this trip even though the Itin is a repeat of what we did in April on the Getaway!

Also noticed this in the email...looks like they have officially changed the Itins for the September and October Eastern Caribbean cruises and I suspect they are taking a wait and see approach for November Eastern Caribbean: "Norwegian Escape itineraries of September 23, October 7, 21 and 28, 2017 will be changed from a 7-day Eastern Caribbean to a 7-day Western Caribbean."

We have never done much in Costa Maya but after reading some reviews on here, I think we will check out Maya Chan this time.
I would contact them ASAP to see if they still have availability. We missed them this week because of Irma and they were sold out a month ago.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

This is our first NCL Cruise and the iteniary change really doesn't matter to us, as we are just looking forward to the ship, we have sailed both Eastern and Western. However there are a couple of these ports that we have never visited, so any suggestions or ideas of things to do? We sometimes enjoy getting a private taxi and just touring the islands

so any suggestions or ideas of things to do? We sometimes enjoy getting a private taxi and just touring the islands
In Costa Maya, visit Maya Chan resort. We missed out last week because of Irma, but fortunately we will be back at the end of January when we visit there with the new MSC Seaside.

In Costa Maya, visit Maya Chan resort. We missed out last week because of Irma, but fortunately we will be back at the end of January when we visit there with the new MSC Seaside.

Maya Chan looks great however we reached out to them yesterday and they are fully booked. Oh well...my wife made reservations somewhere else that isn't all inclusive and we look forward to having a beach day. Been to Costa Maya 3 times and only gotten off the boat once...that time we literally walked to the end of the pier, saw all the vendors with the same junk as the other ports, and walked back to the boat. Last trip a crew member was telling me how nice and affordable the beaches are so we decided we would have to give it a shot.

We booked a private tour with Rony's in Roatan. Done some amazing snorkeling there in the past off a boat. This time I think we will do an island tour, sloth/monkey interaction, and some ziplining. I liked Rony's because they will show you how the locals live and not just the tourist fluff. We have the kids putting together some toys and clothes they don't use anymore to take when we visit. Rony sponsors a local soccer program and my son (hard core soccer player) is hoping he will have a chance to kick the ball around with some locals. Putting in an order on soccer.com for a few new balls to take to them.

While bummed about not going Eastern Caribbean, we are excited to check out some new things on the Western stops that we haven't experienced yet.

We have no intention on canceling or switching to a different cruise but the email made no mention of being able to switch to a different cruise without any penalty as mentioned in a post yesterday. No mention was made of any future discount or OBC as a result of the change...which I didn't expect was warranted.

While we were looking forward to repeating the Eastern Itin (which we got to enjoy 2 years ago on the Escape), we will enjoy this western one which we have been to in the last 2 cruises. The Escape has been my favorite ship and we are really looking forward to sailing on her again. This Itin provides 1 more port of call than the previously scheduled one. In a way, I see it as 2 more ports as we can't justify spending $500+ to take the kids to Atlantis water park for a few hours and therefore don't ever see the need to get off the boat in Nassau. We have never done much in Costa Maya but after reading some reviews on here, I think we will check out Maya Chan this time. Looking forward to this trip even though the Itin is a repeat of what we did in April on the Getaway!

You will love Maya Chan, it's awesome, food and drinks amazing and the service is perfect!! Super nice beach too

You will love Maya Chan, it's awesome, food and drinks amazing and the service is perfect!! Super nice beach too

Anyone thinking about Maya Chan can't drag their feet since it does sell out whenever there are multiple ships in port and many times when there is only 1 ship. Contact Mark at the link on their website to see if they still have availability for your arrival date.

Also noticed this in the email...looks like they have officially changed the Itins for the September and October Eastern Caribbean cruises and I suspect they are taking a wait and see approach for November Eastern Caribbean: "Norwegian Escape itineraries of September 23, October 7, 21 and 28, 2017 will be changed from a 7-day Eastern Caribbean to a 7-day Western Caribbean."

My guess, the eastern itin will all be diverted for the next 4 or more months. They may change a few, staying on the east but still adjusting somewhat. It is going to take months to rebuild those 3 islands.

This is our first NCL Cruise and the iteniary change really doesn't matter to us, as we are just looking forward to the ship, we have sailed both Eastern and Western. However there are a couple of these ports that we have never visited, so any suggestions or ideas of things to do? We sometimes enjoy getting a private taxi and just touring the islands
Check the Caribbean ports of call section right here on CC for great tips and ideas :)

In Roatan we Loved, loved, loved Roatan Ocean Adventures. They were very friendly, professional, and will customize your day! Couldn't recommend them more

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for this comment! We pre-booked with ROA for our upcoming cruise in 2 weeks as I heard good things about them.