Miami hotel Sept 23, 2017

kasil

Farther away from the port should have suffered less water damage from the storm. Lots of cruises suggest the Blue Lagoon area near MIA (Homewood Suites, Hampton Inn, etc.)

Budget number would help the suggestions to be closer to your target.

With the hit Miami just took I would book something ASAP

This is a list I have pulled together with a wide range of Miami Hotels. It is not all inclusive but might provide some thoughts.

My apologies for words wrapping. If you copy and paste something from a word document ever since the redesign of CC it chooses to randomly wrap some words.

Keith

Wespend about one week in Miami each year before a cruise.

Notknowing your price point that you want to spend on a room I will give youseveral selections; some of which have been mentioned.

Theyare all within about one mile of each other.

Closeto the Port:

Intercontinental

MarriottMaquis (about four years old)

EpicHotel (priciest of the ones I am mentioning)

HolidayInn (some like it but I would recommend the other two)

Hyatt(I like the location better of the first three even though it is close by)

Thesehotels are about five minutes from the port. Near restaurants and CVSPharmacy which is good to pick up last minute items and near a Whole Foods.

Justa couple of minutes further from the port

MandarinOriental (priciest of the ones mentioned). Private man made beach.

About10 minutes from the port or maybe 15 depending on traffic but relatively closeso no worries.

JWMarriott

ConradHilton

EastMiami (relative new hotel so doesn't get mentioned much and is near the newBrickell Centre. More on Brickell in a moment.)

Andthen just another few minutes away

FourSeasons (like Mandarin a bit pricier then most I've listed) but in a very quietlocation.

HamptonInn (a lot of value here. It is not a full service hotel but it is a niceHampton and includes breakfast)

Thelast group of hotels I have mentioned starting with Mandarin Oriental andending with Hampton Inn are near lots of restaurants.

Thereis Mary Brickell Village and right near there are lots of restaurants (forItalian I like Perricone's) and also near two CVS Pharmacies (JW Marriott rightnext to a 24 hour one) and near Publix (there are two in the area) where youcan pick up lots of last minute items.

Thenthere is the new Brickell Centre which opened last in 2016. Lots ofstores and restaurants.

Ihave stayed at some of these hotels and have been inside each and everyone.

Again,they represent a wide range of price points.

Whenyou get UBER be sure to get the coupon code. It is easy to use. Iused it for the first time in Miami this past January to get from the hotel tothe port. Great experience and much nicer then a taxi.

Keith

Thanks for the quick replies. With all of the flooding I was going to call and check on the hotel where I had a room reserved, and I found an email indicating I had cancelled. Not sure how that happened, but now I have to start looking again. Your input will be very helpful.