St Maarten stop replaced by St Kitts

loman

May I ask where you read that? We're on the Adventure out of San Juan on the 29th and as of right now RCI still hasn't announced our St Maarten alternate port.

Just curious. I don't mind speculation, but your original post made it sound like you actually read something that was accurate.

Not all ships use port-based tenders. Many use a subset of their lifeboats to tender. We recently sailed on the NCL Jade and they used 6 of their larger lifeboats for tendering operations in several ports.

Yes, years ago most of Royal ships carried Tenders on board. Had to Tender at Coco Cay, Grand Caymen, Labedee and others. At times St Thomas when there was as many as 7 cruise ships at the one Pier...

May I ask where you read that? We're on the Adventure out of San Juan on the 29th and as of right now RCI still hasn't announced our St Maarten alternate port.

Just curious. I don't mind speculation, but your original post made it sound like you actually read something that was accurate.

Only some changes announced so far, early and other arrangements/ports need to be arranged. No set time if you may hear, no set date when ships will return to St Maarten, Over the years I've had more then dozen ports change due to Hurricanes, sick passengers and even a revolution...

It's my understanding that, due to Allure's azipod issue, they will not be going to St. Kitts until after the drydock in January 2108. I thought they were replacing St. Kitts with San Juan.

I am also on Allure 11/26 and was really looking forward to St. Kitts as it is the only port of the 3 that I haven't been to. They have already shortened Nassau to the point that it's not worth leaving the ship and St. Thomas may not be ready for us by then. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Sent from my KFTHWA using Tapatalk HD

The big issue for St Kitts is I believe their dock only hold 2 ships. Come November the cruise lines will be scrambling because many days St Thomas and St Martin had as many as 12 ships per day combined.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our cruise is in mid November sailing to St.Kitts, St.Maarten , St.Juan and Labadee. ....at this time have not heard any changes, but I wonder what other ports would they replace St.Maarten with if it's not possible to dock there? I am hoping we will still do St.Maarten to bring some $$$ to the island.

Our cruise is in mid November sailing to St.Kitts, St.Maarten , St.Juan and Labadee. ....at this time have not heard any changes, but I wonder what other ports would they replace St.Maarten with if it's not possible to dock there? I am hoping we will still do St.Maarten to bring some $$$ to the island.

They could give you a sea day or Nassau.

RCI's website says cruisers will be notified approximately 4 weeks ahead of their trip about changes to their itinerary due to Irma. We're on Oasis in 5 weeks and so far we have't heard anything, but I'm expecting to within 2 weeks. I'm pretty positive we'll be going to St. Kitts instead of St. Maarten. We've been to both several times, but we did prefer St. Maarten. Oasis has limited ports to go to due to size and San Juan is already on our itinerary. I wouldn't want to try to tender from Oasis.

We're on the Adventure out of San Juan in October. Given that it's a port heavy itinerary (St. Maarten, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, Antigua and Barbados) I'm expecting that St. Maarten will be replaced with a sea day. While I'm sorry we won't be stopping there, and I'd be happy with another port, I'm also ok with a sea day.

We're on the Adventure out of San Juan in October. Given that it's a port heavy itinerary (St. Maarten, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, Antigua and Barbados) I'm expecting that St. Maarten will be replaced with a sea day. While I'm sorry we won't be stopping there, and I'd be happy with another port, I'm also ok with a sea day.

We love those ports as well.

Antigua also sustain major damage...so the itinerary may be adjusted accordingly.

Our cruise is in mid November sailing to St.Kitts, St.Maarten , St.Juan and Labadee. ....at this time have not heard any changes, but I wonder what other ports would they replace St.Maarten

Costa Maya.

Our 10/8/17 sailing on our cruise planner still shows St. Maarten. But if you go to do a new booking it shows St. Kitts.

Couldn't be a more accurate description of Nassau if I had tried!! hahaha

I just received a text from Royal that Oct 8th sailing, St Maarten is being replaced by Nausea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree.

The big issue for St Kitts is I believe their dock only hold 2 ships. Come November the cruise lines will be scrambling because many days St Thomas and St Martin had as many as 12 ships per day combined.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Exactly. Most ports do not have enough jewelry shops, I mean infrastructure to handle the 6, 7 or 8+ ships in town like St Maarten and St Thomas can. So it's much more complex than merely trading a St Thomas for another as there may be 4 or 5 ships vying for an alternate to keep us punters happy. God knows that nothing they do will be good enough for some.

I just received a text from Royal that Oct 8th sailing, St Maarten is being replaced by Nausea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope we have a sea day! We were just rerouted from Western to eastern due to Hurricane Harvey. Nassau once a decade is plenty for me.

We are sailing on OA at end of January -- itinerary -- St. Maarten, San Juan, Labadee -- wonder if St. Maarten will be ready for us by then or if they will substitute St. Kitts.

St. Maarten was hit by Hurricane Luis in the fall of 1995 and our late Feb. 1996 went to St. Croix instead.