Coffee or hot water

HvySeezFcstr

By Jove we were too busy saving u from the ****s to learn how to make tea

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Japanese bombed Australia, not the Germans. Aussies were standing shoulder to shoulder with the USA through every war since 1939. Australia is the USA's closest military ally. Where the US goes, the Aussies go too and integrated into the command structure. I'm not British.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Japanese bombed Australia, not the Germans. Aussies were standing shoulder to shoulder with the USA through every war since 1939. Australia is the USA's closest military ally. Where the US goes, the Aussies go too and integrated into the command structure. I'm not British.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Of course you are of Australian descent: that reference to Vegemite is a giveaway --a Pommy would have referred to that identical foul sludge as Marmite.

U.S. was bombed also by the Japanee. A Japanese plane bombed East of Brookings Oregon. Astoria Oregon was shelled by the Japanese during WWII.

I spent a good part of 1967-69 in OZ and loved it, at NW Cape, Exmouth; Perth, Canarvon SP, and Sydney. I was amazed at all the battles that the Aussies were in that they handled on their own without any help from other nations.

Well, I'm US born and raised, but I was raised as a tea drinker. And then there was that Englishman I lived with for several years.

It's so difficult to make a decent cup of tea when travelling that I usually break down and drink coffee, which I really don't like.

I was absolutely THRILLED to find PGTips bags on my Zuiderdam sailing in January. I usually sail Carnival and they at least used to have Twinings English Breakfast Tea but now they just have generic tea bags which tend to give you a tasteless, grey hot water. Ugh.

I have a small pot that's perfect for a solo cruiser. I just don't know that I want to take up any valuable luggage space with the weight and extra padding.

Besides, hiking up stairs and to the buffet is good exercise. Convenience to all that tempting food is not a plus in my book!

I usually have my first cup with breakfast, then make another cup and take it back to the cabin or wherever I'm headed that morning.

The room serice trays a re quite large and too big for most to want to handle. If you are sure you want a tray, get a plastic one at a dollar store and bring it with you. they have large slection of square, round and rectangle. Pick one that will work best for you and pack it. No one will care.

I do this now -- bring my own small plastic tray. It eliminates a lot of frustration, as items seem to be arranged in the Lido differently than in the past and putting the meal together involves a lot of different food stations. On a short cruise I'd probably just grin and bear whatever, but we take quite long cruises and I need to be settled in comfortably. Nobody seems to mind about the tray.

When I cruise I take a cardboard drink tray from McDonald's or Starbucks. I can put 2 travel cups of coffee in it and pick up several rolls or danish and bring it back to the room win one hand free for room key.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's a brilliant idea.. the little cup holder area would hold things more securely! ;)