New Years Eve dress code

Woodstock_sr

I was on the Reflection last New Years Eve and most were not as dressed as I expected. Many men were not wearing any jackets and women were dressed nicely but not at all formal. Of course there are a small percentage on both ends that dress very formal and dress as if they are going to the beach. Wear what you will be comfortable with.

My husband and I were on the Reflection from 12/31/16 through 1/14/17 (Western, then Eastern B2B). Our experience was so different. There were loads of people dressed to the nines -- tuxes, white dinner jackets, long gowns, etc. We both remarked how nice it was to see so many people so dressed up in the dining room, at the Martini Bar, dancing at the Passport Bar, and at the parties all over the ship, even on the pool deck.

Don't get me wrong, you will be fine in nice slacks with collared shirt and silky slacks with sparkly top, but you will not be out of place in a tux and long gown, either.

• Like 1

My husband and I were on the Reflection from 12/31/16 through 1/14/17 (Western, then Eastern B2B). Our experience was so different. There were loads of people dressed to the nines -- tuxes, white dinner jackets, long gowns, etc. We both remarked how nice it was to see so many people so dressed up in the dining room, at the Martini Bar, dancing at the Passport Bar, and at the parties all over the ship, even on the pool deck.

Don't get me wrong, you will be fine in nice slacks with collared shirt and silky slacks with sparkly top, but you will not be out of place in a tux and long gown, either.

On our Jan.2017 two week cruise on the Eclipse, we thought a lot of pax would dress down. To the contrary! By the third "Chic" night, we thought we were back on Cunard with the amount of formal dress. We loved it!

• Like 1

We were on the Silhouette last New Year and the vast majority of passengers were in formal outfits - tuxes, suits, evening gowns and all the trimmings. Wear whatever is comfortable for you but if you need an excuse to dress up, this is it!

• Like 1

We'll be on Reflection for both Christmas & New Years this year..It's an 11 night cruise..We'll be with our Friends who will probably be in Smart Casual..

I'm taking a long red ankle length dress (not a gown) with black beaded bows on the bodice for Christmas Eve & a long black skirt with a sparkly top for New Years Eve.. Also taking a pair of crepe Palazzo Pants & another top, just in case we have three dressy nights..

Unfortunately, I can't wear heels any more, so will take a couple of pair of dressy flats..Since I'm a confirmed "Shoe Diva", will try to limit my shoes..I keep saying I'll only take 6 pair's of shoes on this cruise.. My Friend & my DH don't think I can do that..;) We'll see!

Haven't figured out what to wear Christmas Day, or New Years Day but it will probably be something red & black for one & black & white for the other..

DH decided not to take his Tux, since our Friends will not be that dressy..Instead he'll take a dark Suit & a sport coat, as he is always cold in most ships Public rooms..:cool:

Our experience is a little different on New Year's eve. The last two holiday sailings on Equinox had a very noticable distinction between early and late seating. Folks eating at 6:00 dressed much less formally than those eating at 8:30. On the three-EC sailings there was more formality on New Years Eve than on the other EC nights, but mostly among the late-seating crowd. Formal dress was definitely the exception at early seating. My impression was also that most of those people had changed into casual clothes by the time midnight rolled around -- there were few formal outfits on the pool deck when the serious NYE partying started.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

We have been on several NYE cruises, some on Celebrity and some on Royal.

Dress as you wish. No one will judge. But you will see many people  in formal attire. It’s a fun throwback from days gone by!

My husband and son wear tuxes, we girls, short cocktail dresses. We love the excuse to dress up.

As someone stated, after dinner and pictures, many change into casual attire.

We were on the Connie for Christmas and NYE in 2016. Most people seemed to really dress up for the 25th and 31st December. Tuxes for the guys and cocktail dresses for the ladies.

Certainly in Luminae, everyone seemed well-dressed.