Hurricane Maria

Bigbluegal

RCCL just posted their update - NO CHANGES - really?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/itinerary-updates

You would think someone in leadership would make a decision so we can cancel flights and re-book cruises on another ship. Oh yeah - they are on the President's Cruise. Perhaps VOOM isn't working as well as it should?

I'm sure all those on Adventure are getting antsy as well, not knowing where they are going or when. We have B2B on Adventure starting the 23rd with a fly date of Friday. If the airport is down, we can't land, hence we can't board. If the piers or channels have damage the ship can't dock. Does one really think the infrastructure will be restored enough for those two operations to be in service on Saturday?

Just a decision, one way or another, so we can execute alternate plans would be appreciated.

Otherwise I get cruise withdrawals and we have to go food shopping - Ugh! Dangerous in those supermarket aisles. Those old ladies and their carts should be feared.

I realize this pales in comparison to what PR and USVI are experiencing (my best wishes go to them) but again that is my $.02 and an effort to put some levity into this horrible disaster.

You would think someone in leadership would make a decision so we can cancel flights and re-book cruises on another ship. Oh yeah - they are on the President's Cruise. Perhaps VOOM isn't working as well as it should?

I'm sure all those on Adventure are getting antsy as well, not knowing where they are going or when. We have B2B on Adventure starting the 23rd with a fly date of Friday. If the airport is down, we can't land, hence we can't board. If the piers or channels have damage the ship can't dock. Does one really think the infrastructure will be restored enough for those two operations to be in service on Saturday?

Just a decision, one way or another, so we can execute alternate plans would be appreciated.

Otherwise I get cruise withdrawals and we have to go food shopping - Ugh! Dangerous in those supermarket aisles. Those old ladies and their carts should be feared.

I realize this pales in comparison to what PR and USVI are experiencing (my best wishes go to them) but again that is my $.02 and an effort to put some levity into this horrible disaster.

I know for ATC. Their long Range Radar is out. But there is a contingency plan. I am trying to find out what the status is. There is a lot of debris on the ramps. I have been receiving videos through Face book it looks like a war zone in some parts. Power is completely out. Cell service sporadic.

You have a right to be anxious, I always say I can deal with anything , just let me know what it is.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi I am on the Adventurer now and they have still not told us where we will be going to disembark the ship! I think Miami is the best bet because they have several airports and I agree the Adventurer should return to SJ. I think Miami is the best bet, after they drop the passengers off and help the people of PR. The last thing PR needs now is more people who need food, water and shelters. The Capt did say that he would not take us to a place without a working airport, without power and supplies (that sounds like PR now). I hope that the people of PR are alright but the last thing they need is a cruise ship full of people pulling in. That being said why won't Royal give us an answer? I hope they do soon so we all can make arrangement to be safe and get home.

P.S. AOTS We did just fuel up and loaded supplies in Aruba so if we have to stay out for an extended period of time I guess we will be ok. RCI needs to make a decision it is not fair and upsetting to the passengers on the Adventurer.

Hopefully if they disembark at another port, those on the 23rd sailing will have the opportunity to embark there. We are not set to sail until the 30th but I would be willing to fly into another port to cruise. It would be nice to know what options are on the table.

Hi I am on the Adventurer now and they have still not told us where we will be going to disembark the ship! I think Miami is the best bet because they have several airports and I agree the Adventurer should return to SJ. I think Miami is the best bet, after they drop the passengers off and help the people of PR. The last thing PR needs now is more people who need food, water and shelters. The Capt did say that he would not take us to a place without a working airport, without power and supplies (that sounds like PR now). I hope that the people of PR are alright but the last thing they need is a cruise ship full of people pulling in. That being said why won't Royal give us an answer? I hope they do soon so we all can make arrangement to be safe and get home.

Your answer may come at the 2PM update Thursday.

PS, you are not on the Adventurer

My wife and I are sailing out of Bayonne on Saturday (Anthem), and she's particularly concerned that whatever is left of Maria would cause issues. I called RCCL today to ask, because there's not a word about that ship/itinerary on their updates. I realize it's still a bit further out compared to others, and Bermuda itself I think is going to be fine through it all...but I can't imagine they'd sail through what's left of Maria just to get there (didn't they already try to go through a bad storm with Anthem once?)

Anyone have any ideas when we'd know, or what changes to expect? Was looking forward to warm Bermuda...but I haven't packed yet, in case i need warmer clothes.

P.S. AOTS We did just fuel up and loaded supplies in Aruba so if we have to stay out for an extended period of time I guess we will be ok. RCI needs to make a decision it is not fair and upsetting to the passengers on the Adventurer.

I'm onboard and have talked to no o e who is upset or thinks RCCL is being unfair. We leave for Bonaire tonight and that is followed by a sea day. They are giving us updates 3 x daily. Chill and enjoy your cruise!

My cruise isn't until Christmas. What about the people already ON their cruise? I haven't seen an announcement on them. Agreed with all the comments about the people directly affected (effected? I can never remember) too! Good thread.

Renee

The cruise lines are very good at keeping the ships, and their passengers, from harms way. Too soon for any announcements as they don't know damage on St. Kitts, St. Lucia or San Juan port areas yet. With the scheduled path, probably not coming back to FL ports this Sat or Sunday, similar to Harvey with Galveston.

Prayers and well wishes to all the islanders affected.

Ya think So?

With spell check errors so common, I think it is rude to make fun of what easily could be that.

The cruise lines are very good at keeping the ships, and their passengers, from harms way. Too soon for any announcements as they don't know damage on St. Kitts, St. Lucia or San Juan port areas yet. With the scheduled path, probably not coming back to FL ports this Sat or Sunday, similar to Harvey with Galveston.

Prayers and well wishes to all the islanders affected.

The hurricane isn't going anywhere near Florida

We too are getting anxious and antsy, we are scared we will not be able to enjoy all the buffets and dinners AOS has to offer!!! looking into other cruises as a backup in case they cancel ours for some reason (sailing on the 30th). I am also feeling the withdrawal!

We are supposed to be embarking on Adventure of the Seas on 9/23 like many of you. I also think the option of a port change to Miami might be a good idea. All of our ports are good except our embarkation port (San Juan), so I'd love to still be able to go. I am really sad for the people on the Eastern/Northern islands who were affected by Irma and Maria though :(

I'm onboard and have talked to no o e who is upset or thinks RCCL is being unfair. We leave for Bonaire tonight and that is followed by a sea day. They are giving us updates 3 x daily. Chill and enjoy your cruise!

I agree with you. We are onboard as well.

Question (off topic), your screen name - are you from Frederick or Frederick County? I grew up in Walkersville.

Dan.

We are supposed to be embarking on Adventure of the Seas on 9/23 like many of you. I also think the option of a port change to Miami might be a good idea. All of our ports are good except our embarkation port (San Juan), so I'd love to still be able to go. I am really sad for the people on the Eastern/Northern islands who were affected by Irma and Maria though :(

Problem with that is the ship is in Bonaire tomorrow and can't be in Miami or Port Everglades by Sat

I too am anxiously waiting to hear about my upcoming cruise. I read somewhere that Royal may not be letting passengers know until about four weeks prior to the sailing.

I agree that it would make it easier for many to know earlier in order to be able to change flights, ships, etc. but the logistics of doing this with all the ships that Royal has out of Florida (not even counting Bayonne or Baltimore) as well as all the other cruise lines (Disney, Carnival, MSC, etc.) and their ships, I would not want to be on that team to attempt to redirect all of these ships.

They still do not know if any of the hit ports will be up in the near future. They say weeks, maybe months on some, but they also need to stay in touch with the governments of those islands to know if they are going to be open sooner and then check to make sure the ports will be safe to let passengers off. The other major concern is that all the cruise lines need to coordinate in a way as to not overload the available ports on any given day. One comment I read recently is that they do not want to have 13 ships in a port on one day.

This is very difficult task at best. I am willing to let them take the time needed to work it all out.

Oh. Well, that's out I guess. :(

Yea 1200 miles, 30 miles an hour, its 40 hours at sea. It would only work if they skip Bonaire.

If they change the embarkation port to Miami for 9/23, I don't think they could visit the same ports (ABC), it's too far, isn't it? they would have to change the ports.