Hurricane Maria

Bigbluegal

Thank you for update are u going to bonaire for your next port? What time are u leaving Aruba tomorrow I have friends onboard I have not been able to talk to.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

11pm tomorrow to leave for Bonaire, if nothing changes. The Captain mentioned that we would have enough fuel to "even get to Miami. But there are other ports that could accommodate us and had the necessary airport facilities."

11pm tomorrow to leave for Bonaire, if nothing changes. The Captain mentioned that we would have enough fuel to "even get to Miami. But there are other ports that could accommodate us and had the necessary airport facilities."

Thank you very much! If u would updates us if something changes it would be appreciated

Do u still have to do the (closed loop) and have to return to San juan if u don't have a passport or will everyone be allowed to depart day miami IF u went there

Do u still have to do the (closed loop) and have to return to San juan if u don't have a passport or will everyone be allowed to depart day miami IF u went there

The US government can make arrangements for those without passports in these kinds of situations..

I don't know the answer, But it obviously is a problem on this cruise itinery because so many are not US citizens. I'm sure that Royal is taking this into consideration.

Most likely scenario of Adventure cannot make it back to San Juan on Saturday or for a few days after is that the ship stops at another port with airport facilities and guests would have the option of disembarking and flying home from there or they stay onboard and get back to San Juan once the ship can safely return there.

Most likely scenario of Adventure cannot make it back to San Juan on Saturday or for a few days after is that the ship stops at another port with airport facilities and guests would have the option of disembarking and flying home from there or they stay onboard and get back to San Juan once the ship can safely return there.

The part about staying onboard til Adventure can return to San Juan seems very unlikely in this situation. Everything I read points to the airport being down for weeks based on current hurricane path. If it were just 3-4 days like Irma, that might make sense. But they aren't going to carry non-paying customers around for weeks if they can temporary cruise from another port.

The part about staying onboard til Adventure can return to San Juan seems very unlikely in this situation. Everything I read points to the airport being down for weeks based on current hurricane path. If it were just 3-4 days like Irma, that might make sense. But they aren't going to carry non-paying customers around for weeks if they can temporary cruise from another port.

Do you think it will be an option for AOS to be temporarily ported elsewhere, such as Miami or FLL

I would vote (ha) to redeploy Adventure to Florida, even temporarily. Dump all the passengers in Miami or Ft. Lauderdale as there are two close airports in FLL and MIA. Load the 23rd cruise from there and also supplies. Go back to PR as a technical stop and dump supplies and return all Puerto Ricans that embarked in PR (if they want to go back or remain in the states until their infrastructure is back up). Then, continue to the USVI and other islands that need help and drop more supplies. As a passenger on the 23rd and B2B cruise, just floating around is fine by me. RCCL would get the revenue from the next cruisers and still be able to deliver the much needed materials. Just my $.02.

That's one thing don't have worry about. The Serenade travels longer distances on her 10 day 11 day routes and even though they fuel up every 2 weeks, it's just to top off. Adventure could go weeks without they always top off at cheaper price ports in case these situations come up.

Ugh. I'm glad I'm not cruising until November, but I am watching port after port get rolled over by hurricanes. First St. Thomas. I saw a pic of Sapphire beach today and can see why my excursion was cancelled. I was hoping for St. Croix as an alternate but Maria is taking that opportunity away. Supposed to go to Ponce, Puerto Rico. Now, probably not. St. Kitts had damage from Irma but sounded like it might be OK in a few months. I don't know what Maria is doing to it. It looks like it won't be a direct hit but high winds and seas none the less.

Does anyone know when Costa Maya and Roatan will be ready to handle Oasis class ships? Allure has Roatan on her schedule starting next fall, but I'm not sure if they are ready for the big girls just yet. That would open up two additional western ports to divert O/A/H to right now.

If many cruise itineraries are switched from Eastern to Western routes, the question is not so much will the ships be able to dock or tender, but if the tourist infrastructure can handle all the additional ships each day.

The current capacity of tour providers probably cannot be increased enough to provide excursions (independent or via cruise line) for all the additional daily visitors.

Ugh. I'm glad I'm not cruising until November, but I am watching port after port get rolled over by hurricanes. First St. Thomas. I saw a pic of Sapphire beach today and can see why my excursion was cancelled. I was hoping for St. Croix as an alternate but Maria is taking that opportunity away. Supposed to go to Ponce, Puerto Rico. Now, probably not. St. Kitts had damage from Irma but sounded like it might be OK in a few months. I don't know what Maria is doing to it. It looks like it won't be a direct hit but high winds and seas none the less.

Most ports in the Eastern Caribbean are not looking good for the rest of this year. Four of our ports on a Grandeur cruise departing Oct 28 will most likely be cancelled.

I wouldn't think they could dump you in another port, unless it was a US port (Galveston, New Orleans?) because most other islands are not owned by the US, making it so people who don't have passports (or proper Visas, if needed by residents of other countries), can't board planes. Same goes for the person who asked if they might have to fly to another port to board. However, seeing what RC did to people with the shortened cruises, requiring them to fly into a hurricane area to board the ship...I wouldn't put it past them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

passengers without passports were given waivers to fly home from St Maarten in 2013 when the Carnival Dream broke down.

Bill

Well just an update, in Puerto Rico,unfortunately Maria has expanded her hurricane force winds the whole island will receive them. May we pray for them please.

San Juan will be experiencing winds for another 10 hours. I just can't imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anything is possible, but there is no reason to make that assumption.

I hadn't heard those reports, but the runways are almost at sea level. Let's see how well ATC FACILITIES hold up.

I am hoping for the best but Maria's hurricane force winds have expanded. And made landfall a little while ago. Many close friends there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would vote (ha) to redeploy Adventure to Florida, even temporarily. Dump all the passengers in Miami or Ft. Lauderdale as there are two close airports in FLL and MIA. Load the 23rd cruise from there and also supplies. Go back to PR as a technical stop and dump supplies and return all Puerto Ricans that embarked in PR (if they want to go back or remain in the states until their infrastructure is back up). Then, continue to the USVI and other islands that need help and drop more supplies. As a passenger on the 23rd and B2B cruise, just floating around is fine by me. RCCL would get the revenue from the next cruisers and still be able to deliver the much needed materials. Just my $.02.

Yes, great idea:) 2+2= up to 4 cents

Great plan lets see if RCCL people are as smart as you

I personally know people who are on AOS right now and would whole heartily agree with you.

Edited by ms cider