Cruising itinerary changes from nyc port of call changes?

Wujekcity

I'm leaving on a cruise Oct 1st from Manhattan headed to the Bahamas and Florida. Obviously due to the hurricanes I am quite concerned about our ports of calls being changed to say Bermuda or Canada. I believe that I am correct when I assume that the captain has final say on all course so there isn't much to do about it. My question is that there are ships going south every week from nyc during these major storms, does anyone know where they sailed to? Is there a way to find out? Can they and do they cancel cruises? Thanks in advance to any information. This place is awesome

Cruise lines try not to cancel cruises. They'll just change the itinerary.

Keep an eye on your cruiseline's webpage for any changes. They probably can't make any decisions until Hurricane Maria is over.

Hurricane Jose is currently doing a rather sedate visit to the northeast right now. (moderate winds and NOT as extreme and damaging as Harvy, Irma orM aria by any stretcch but, nevertheless, not t to be ignored by Mariners . Cruise lines will sometimes change embarkation port if there are port or airport problems in designated embark port. I think it possible, Bermuda may be getting some bits and pieces of Jose b ut Iam not up to date on that.