Any Apple Users Having Issues With Celebrity Website (after logging in)?

pirokp

Hi,

We are booked on a cruise in December and for about a month now we have had issues with viewing our cruise info after signing into the Celebrity website. We can't add any shore excursions, look at airfare, check in, nothing. All the buttons are grayed out and an error pops up telling us that we have to complete our booking first, we hit complete booking and we get an error telling us we have a "pending item", then it locks us out of our reservation for 20 minutes.

We have talked to Celebrity and they said our booking is fine, no issues there. We were told it's an issue with Apple computers and don't worry about checking in, just show up at the cruise with our passport. They said nothing can be done.

You would think Celebrity would be losing money if the Apple users can't add shore excursions, drink packages, dining packages, and airfare.

I just have a hard time believing it's all Apple users?? Anyone else having issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's not just an Apple issue. You will find dozens and dozens of posts here from others on all platforms who can't work with that miserable website.

Wow you would think Celebrity would fix the issues. We have always checked in prior, how can we just show up with our passport and not check in? Don't they need passport info prior? I thought they had to clear people prior to boarding?

Wow you would think Celebrity would fix the issues. We have always checked in prior, how can we just show up with our passport and not check in? Don't they need passport info prior? I thought they had to clear people prior to boarding?

I thought so too but I was told to just show up with my information and it will be OK. Miserable website.

I sincerely think that when a person calls them regarding a problem with their site, they take one piece of information that the person provides, like what kind of device they're using, and just say that they are aware of it and working on it. It is pathetic that a company of this size that relies heavily on their site for revenue, is unable to get it functioning properly.

And this has been going on FOR YEARS!! It is amazing that there has bot been a stockholder revolt over this.

The standard stockholder excuse is "have you seen how much my investment has risen?" That attitude doesn't take into account that the revenue could go even higher if people who want to give the company money were able to do it. I'm perplexed as to why it's allowed to happen. There have been plenty of things I haven't bought simply because it's too much of a hassle to deal with, and this was before the latest redesign.

I am just shocked they can't fix, or don't care to fix their website. Sad to see a company not care, especially in this day and age. I can tell you if they don't fix it they may lose the younger generation because they are not about to pick up a phone and talk to a live person. ;p

I have problems with the website off and on as well. I received an email about the itinerary change to our upcoming Equinox cruise and it said to keep checking the Travel Advisory page on Celebrity for updates but when I click on that link it sends me back to the main page. Very frustrating. I did have better luck accessing the Advisory page when using Safari rather than my usual Chrome but not sure why I have to switch browsers for one particular website given that I don't have issues accessing any other company with Chrome.

I received an email yesterday advising me of our itinerery change for our Equinox cruise. it included a link to confirm that I had received the message. When I followed the link, I was greeted with a nessage saying " Thank you for your response, but the message has expired". Huh?

I use Apple on two different devices. Most of the time the website is fine if not user friendly. My issue is that when I'm in the cruise planner, the system locks up if I try to go back or do almost anything. I'm then locked out for at least 20 minutes due to "privacy issues." But no other problems, so I don't think it's Apple or you. It's THEM.

Hi,

We are booked on a cruise in December and for about a month now we have had issues with viewing our cruise info after signing into the Celebrity website. We can't add any shore excursions, look at airfare, check in, nothing. All the buttons are grayed out and an error pops up telling us that we have to complete our booking first, we hit complete booking and we get an error telling us we have a "pending item", then it locks us out of our reservation for 20 minutes.

We have talked to Celebrity and they said our booking is fine, no issues there. We were told it's an issue with Apple computers and don't worry about checking in, just show up at the cruise with our passport. They said nothing can be done.

You would think Celebrity would be losing money if the Apple users can't add shore excursions, drink packages, dining packages, and airfare.

I just have a hard time believing it's all Apple users?? Anyone else having issues?

All Celebrity ever does is change the page layout. Each time they do so it makes it even less user friendly and the existing issues are never fixed. I posted a similar thread back in 2013 after booking my first cruise with them. I was using PC back then. Nothing has changed using MAC.

Hi,

I have used multiple Apple devices without a problem. The new website works more like an App.

Are you going into My reservations? You need to add your reservation and then should be able to see the itinerary and add excursions or dinner reservations, etc.

My only issue (not really an issue) is that I have to put in my Celebrity website ID and password each time I open on my iPad. I don't see a way to save them on the device.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I use Apple on two different devices. Most of the time the website is fine if not user friendly. My issue is that when I'm in the cruise planner, the system locks up if I try to go back or do almost anything. I'm then locked out for at least 20 minutes due to "privacy issues." But no other problems, so I don't think it's Apple or you. It's THEM.

Are you just using the back button on your browser? If so, try clicking on the links on their webpage to navigate around instead. You shouldn't HAVE to do that but if may help your sanity if you do.

If those are the answers that the IT department is giving, it's no wonder why the site never works.

That has to be a reservations person saying that. They try to be helpful by giving an answer but oftentimes their made-up answers (or "Mary next to me told me" answers) just confuse the situation. Does Celebrity not monitor their calls? They should.