Airline changed return flight - input needed

jerseygrl828

I received notification this morning that United moved up the time of my post-cruise return flight and now I'm not sure I'll make it. I had originally booked an 11:50am flight and now it's 10:10am. Do I have any chance of making it? Here are the details--sailing out of Miami on the Carnival Vista & cruise ends on 12/24. Looks like 5 ships in port that day. I have Faster to the Fun (this might help, not sure). If I do the "Express Debark Program" do I stand any chance of making this flight? If everything has to go like clockwork, I'll have to see about moving to the next flight...not until 2pm.

I received notification this morning that United moved up the time of my post-cruise return flight and now I'm not sure I'll make it. I had originally booked an 11:50am flight and now it's 10:10am. Do I have any chance of making it? Here are the details--sailing out of Miami on the Carnival Vista & cruise ends on 12/24. Looks like 5 ships in port that day. I have Faster to the Fun (this might help, not sure). If I do the "Express Debark Program" do I stand any chance of making this flight? If everything has to go like clockwork, I'll have to see about moving to the next flight...not until 2pm.

You need to check what time Vista gets in. If it's one of the early arrivals and you can get out by 7AM, then a 10:10 flight would not be hard to make. As long as you know the risks and don't mind taking the chance of things not going as planned.

That's way too close, even for me. You'll need to do the later flight.

Yes; I agree, Just reschedule with United.

Take the 2pm flight so you are not worrying about it.

In the mean time, United may change times again.:evilsmile:

(This is a common question)

• 2 weeks later...

Changing to a later flight is a good decision. Better safe than sorry.

With Carnival, you can walk off of the ship with an earlier group if you have Faster to the Fun. Also, if you have an early flight, just go to guest services and let them know. You can get off of the ship with a special group of people who have early flights.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I thought it was too early, but I'm glad to have confirmation. I will be contacting United shortly to change the flight. I did read that there won't be a fee since the change is more than a half hour. :D

So glad you are doing this.

Under any circumstances I would have recommended changing the flight but flying on the morning of 12/24 would be added risk as someone mentioned with lots of people traveling.

Keith