Cancelling cruise

abby1257

Our 9/11 Victory 4-day (KW/Coz) was changed to 9/12 3-day Freeport/Nassau. Then ultimately cancelled. We opted to re-book for 11/17 3-day Victory Nassau/overnight to celebrate my 50th b-day. Looking forward to a nice long weekend getaway!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nope...any day sailing is better than a day at work. Big lazy circles are fine with me, and at least two of my ports for my cruise in 3 weeks were out of the line of fire...the other two I am guessing probably 50/50 shot for LaRomana..but long shot I would say for GT;)

Nope. Pretty sure we won’t be going to St Thomas or San Juan, but I don’t care. They honestly aren’t my favorite ports anyway. I’ll go wherever the ship takes me with a smile on my face the whole time.

I wish more cruisers had your outlook. I look at it the same way. A ship at sea, there is always the possibility the itinerary changes. Part of the adventure IMO.

I wish more cruisers had your outlook. I look at it the same way. A ship at sea, there is always the possibility the itinerary changes. Part of the adventure IMO.

I agree totally. I can’t change it, so why get all stressed and upset? You only hurt yourself. As long as I can get on the ship, the rest is gravy.

Scheduled to leave on Magic in 16 days. We WERE going to San Juan, Amber Cove, Grand Turk and St Thomas. No clue where we are going now. The ONLY way Im cancelling is if the cruise is shortened like the last Magic cruise was. Its just way too much to drive 9 hours for a 3 day cruise. I will take the credit. I dont care where we go or if we go anywhere at all just as long as Im on that ship for 7 days. Big circles in the Gulf is fine with me. Pretty sure we at least have to make one stop though.

Considering cancelling. Does anyone know (actually *know*, not just a guess) what Carnival's policy has been for hurricane related changes? Refund? Credit? Nothing?

They will likely switch our cruise from the eastern Caribbean to the western Caribbean and cut a port from the itinerary, which will cause our wedding party to miss the wedding we have planned on St. Kitts.

Considering cancelling. Does anyone know what Carnival's policy has been for hurricane related changes? Refund? Credit? Nothing?

They will likely switch our cruise from the eastern Caribbean to the western Caribbean and cut a port from the itinerary, which will cause our wedding party to miss the wedding we have planned on St. Kitts.

If your cruise is cancelled totally by Carnival, they will issue a refund. If you cancel now before they list what they are gonna do for your specific cruise, you probably wont get anything and I dont see any travel insurance policy covering you. I would wait until they tell you what they are gonna do. Right now, they are offering a cruise credit for altered itineraries or pro rated refunds in the form of OBC for shortened cruises. Notice is being given about three days before the cruise.

Nope. Pretty sure we won’t be going to St Thomas or San Juan, but I don’t care. They honestly aren’t my favorite ports anyway. I’ll go wherever the ship takes me with a smile on my face the whole time.

Thats how we are feeling, they will take us somewhere on our Back to Back, just hoping its not the same thing both weeks, however will survive. We don't go till end of January so that should give them some time to get some of the ports back up

Nope. Key West is a big maybe for our 10/23 cruise. No big deal. I'd love to pump some $$$ into their economy tho, time will tell. We've had several hurricane changes over the years, no complaints from us on any of them. Whatever Carnival has to do to keep people and the ships safe is fine by me.

Nope! Probably not going on our original itinerary (which we also booked for) but as long as I'm on a boat, I'm happy. I'll admit I'll be a little bummed if we get sent West since that tends to be cheaper making the extra $$ for Eastern a loss, but not going to let it ruin my vacation!

Considering cancelling. Does anyone know (actually *know*, not just a guess) what Carnival's policy has been for hurricane related changes? Refund? Credit? Nothing?

There is no credit/refund if the cruise is still sailing the same amount of days, no matter where it is sailing--doesn't matter what ports change--that is at their discretion at all times (at times they have offered a small obc on changed ports, but not too much lately)

If Carnival cancels the cruise (which they don't unless the port it is leaving from is not able to be used) you get a refund.

If you cancel due to port changes, the only refund past final payment is port taxes.

When is your cruise? Unless it is leaving out of San Juan at this point, there is very little chance it is cancelled.

No, I am just glad to be going. While there may be a temporary and fast moment of disappointment not making original planned ports, I will recover quickly. In reality, I cruise to be on the ship the ports are not the priority. I also would never plan a wedding at a port, on board the ship, but not at a port.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

We are sailing on the Victory this Monday. Key West is out for sure. Not cancelling. We live in Florida and went 8 days without electric... Generators are a GREAT thing.... We did consider putting the cruise off. Reason is my husband does Cat. work for an engineering company. He did Hurricane Sandy. We didn't know how this would effect the cruise. He has already been down to Naples and Venice for 3 insurance cases. Now tomorrow we will be scheduling 10 more cases right after we get back from our cruise...

So we're going on this cruise because we need it and will be working probably non stop for quick a few months... Probably will not be doing any vacations for a while.