Beer Package

Tbv610

Hi All, new to cruise critic, thanks for having me! It may be a silly question, with the changes to the AIDP or now the PDP, if you have the drink package can you order the beer package and it not count towards the 15 drink limit??:):cool:

The 5 for 4 beer bucket is not covered under the beverage package. If you want to purchase that you will have to pay full price. With the beverage package you get one beer at a time. The difference is that you can share the bucket with others if you like but you can't share the beer from the beverage package.

Hi All, new to cruise critic, thanks for having me! It may be a silly question, with the changes to the AIDP or now the PDP, if you have the drink package can you order the beer package and it not count towards the 15 drink limit??:):cool:

Does not cover drink packages like the beer package.

Is there any financial advantage to ordering 5-for-4 beer prior to sailing? I know they sell the package on board - I have never bought one, but I can see storing some beer in the room fridge since we have a long trip.

We've ordered 2 5-for-4s for our cruise next year. The only real advantage (that I can see) is that you know it won't go up in price before your cruise whereas drinks prices onboard may be reviewed in line with the increase in drinks package prices.

Is there any financial advantage to ordering 5-for-4 beer prior to sailing? I know they sell the package on board - I have never bought one, but I can see storing some beer in the room fridge since we have a long trip.

I always order a couple pre cruise and have them in my room fridge for a balcony drink. A voucher for each bucket ordered is left in your cabin and you just call room service when you want to redeem them. However as I am primarily a beer drinker, whenever I am on a deck and want a beer I also order the bucket of five and just take any leftovers back with me. The only place I wouldn't do this is in the MDR as it's a bit tacky but I recall ordering the bucket in the Horizon Court on our recent Royal cruise. They come in a bucket filled with ice which in my opinion is the best way to have a chilled beer.

Saves you a couple of bucks but no great saving. It just avoids going to the bar as often or hunting down a waiter.

Okay... yes ordering ahead might save money if price increase. They most certainly won't be cheaper. Too bad the Princess Sea Witch brand isn't included. And now I do recall getting 5 on board last time and stowing extras. I guess I did that once. I will do it again for sure. Don't drink a lot of beer, but why not get a free one?

Okay... yes ordering ahead might save money if price increase. They most certainly won't be cheaper. Too bad the Princess Sea Witch brand isn't included. And now I do recall getting 5 on board last time and stowing extras. I guess I did that once. I will do it again for sure. Don't drink a lot of beer, but why not get a free one?

I thought Princess had discontinued the Sea Witch beer. Is this not the case?

Could be - last time I was on board was November, 2015. Eek!!. But won't be long now. Before departing in January, I get a 1-day cruise experience to nowhere in December (a.k.a. BVE). And I will get within 100 ft of check in desk when I drop my wife and daughter off in November. Oh that is going to hurt - especially now that they got an upsell to a Caribe balcony. Be still my heart!