RCL Anthem versus NCL Breakaway

haawwks27

Yes. Both are nice ships. Anthem is maybe 3 years newer. Breakaway's inaugural season was 2013. Anthem's was fall 2015 I think.

Breakaway more is a la carte. You cannot bring any of your own beverages on board.

Breakaway has waterslides and ropes course. Anthem has NorthStar, iFly, bumper cars, and Flowrider.

Food is good on both. Entertainment good on both. Cabins similar. Balconies MUCH larger on Anthem even in regular balcony cabin categories. Breakaway balconies are very shallow unless a B1, B6 or M6.

You know that Norwegian Escape is coming in the spring, right? Newer and larger than Breakaway--probably comparable in size to Anthem. A friend just came back from Escape and said it was fabulous.

While others' opinions are interesting, I've found it best to cruise all of these myself. :cool:

Yes.

Hard to say what is better, my kids would say Anthem, but they adore all the extras, bumper cars, x box room, ifly and the flowrider. If your kids would prefer water slides and ropes course then Breakaway would be their choice.

My DD will say the NCL's parties beat RCCL's every time.

We go back and forth between the cruise lines.

Ncls away class and escape all felt much more crowded than Anthem and Quantum.

But I adore NCL's Haven

Yes. Both are nice ships. Anthem is maybe 3 years newer. Breakaway's inaugural season was 2013. Anthem's was fall 2015 I think.

Breakaway more is a la carte. You cannot bring any of your own beverages on board.

Breakaway has waterslides and ropes course. Anthem has NorthStar, iFly, bumper cars, and Flowrider.

Food is good on both. Entertainment good on both. Cabins similar. Balconies MUCH larger on Anthem even in regular balcony cabin categories. Breakaway balconies are very shallow unless a B1, B6 or M6.

You know that Norwegian Escape is coming in the spring, right? Newer and larger than Breakaway--probably comparable in size to Anthem. A friend just came back from Escape and said it was fabulous.

While others' opinions are interesting, I've found it best to cruise all of these myself. :cool:

thank you

We have sailed both. Had great cruises on both. One of the main differences that we found was that the Anthem is better suited for Northern sailings. In order to have an indoor pool area on NCL you have to pay for the spa area. On Anthem there is a huge indoor area - some for families and another for adults only. Both very nice! Basically can't go wrong with either - mostly depends on time of year sailing IMHO

Escape has just one half deck more with additional cabins than Breakaway. She is not longer or wider, just higher in the front with more cabins and people but not more public space.

Sent from my iPad using Forums