Spa Deck and Bonine

nikblondiew

I am looking for any info about the Spa Deck on the Conquest.

Also, I've read that people have taken Bonine for seasickness and drank without any problem or drowsiness.

Does anybody have any experiences with Bonine that they can share?

Thank you anybody who offers information.

We have always used Bonine in the past and drank. I have always said it didn't bother me, but looking back I slept a lot more on those cruises. I think it does make me drowsy, but didn't just knock me out.

This trip we are going to try ginger pills. Rumor has is there are no side effects for them.

I had to buy bonine on the ship, and it worked much better then the patch did. The patch had horrible side effects for me. I drank some with the bonine, and still never had any trouble. Yesterday, I rode in a wavy van all the way to Branson, MO and back in 12 hours, and Bonine worked wonders for that. We left at 5 AM (gasp! I didn't even know 5 came twice a day :o ) and I never got drowsy from the meds. So I think Bonine works great!

I have been known to be seasick even on a lilo, therefore I was somewhat concerned when I took my first cruise a few years ago. True to form, I was ill for about 4 of the 10 nights on board.

This didn't put me off though, however the next time, I took Bonine. Even though we had a couple of rocky days I was absolutely fine. I had a couple of drinks each evening and that didn't seem to affect the medication at all. I swear by Bonine now, our only problem is I can't purchase it in the UK, so I have to wait until we visit the US to 'stock-up'. It is generally available onboard though as well.

We were on Spa Deck on the Conquest for the second time last week - the seas were VERY rough the first day, but it didn't bother us at all. My husband took Dramamine the first day and slept all afternoon - neither of us took anything after that. I would also recommend getting some Ginger capsules - works just as well without the drowsiness.

Last cruise I took Dromimine (sp?) and was terrible drowsy. Wondered how Bonine compares to that???

We are going with a bunch of friends and plan to drink our share I am sure :) Don't want major side affects or to get drowsy from it.

It never made me drowsy. Try some before your cruise to see how it affects you. Last cruise I tried ginger and it really works:)

Have always been on small ships. I use the patch and drink in moderation without problem. I do make sure that I drink a ton of water every day. Bonine and Dramamine both work but with dramamine get the non drowsey version.

Not sure if you have ever seen the show mythbusters on Discovery, but they just ran a repeat this weekend of a test they did on this subject. They tested several sea-sickness cures - including the bracelet things. The net results were the only two things that worked consistently were Dramamine (Bonine has the same active ingredients) which did cause a "loopy" feeling (which I am sure would only be added to by alcohol - lol!) and the other thing was the ginger pills. The ginger pills worked just as well with no side effects.

I've been on 6 cruises and never had a problem, but we are taking 11 family memebers with us that are all cruise virgins, so I stopped by my health food store and pciked up a couple of bottles just in case. They were buy one get one free!

I used Less Drowsy Dramamine and drank some. I dont' think it really made me drowsy. We were getting up by 6:30 every morning so I was ready to sleep by midnight. I know it works and I'm afraid to try anything else. I actually got sick the first night crossing the gulf stream which was a little rough. From now on, it's me and Less Drowsy Dramamine.

Archived