Eastern going Western

camper49

We will be headed to Falmouth now on 12/9 as well, and I've been having a hard time finding info on what people do when they are in port there. Agree it seems like so much farther from most excursions I have read about compared with Ocho Rios. Looks like Escape will be only ship in port that day too, at least as of now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Any idea why NCL is doing Falmouth instead of Ocho Rios? I like that Ocho Rios is more centrally located to a lot of the excursion destinations.

Just a guess, but with all the cruises changing ports I bet that Ocho Rios is pretty booked up. There are a lot of ships needing new destinations.

Our cruise on Jan 19th is a 14 day original Western Caribbean out of NYC. I suspect that the ports will be filled with other cruise ships so they had to get creative about switching them around so that there are not too many ships in one port........including other cruise line ships.

Any idea why NCL is doing Falmouth instead of Ocho Rios? I like that Ocho Rios is more centrally located to a lot of the excursion destinations.

could be due to crowds. We have to remember there are so many ships, so many lines affected by the damage to the ports and only so many can be in any one port on any one day. That is just my guess.

We are on the Epic on Jan 13th and Jan 20th. I sure hope they don't give us the same Western itinerary on the 13th as we have on the 20th.

We were suppose to go to Tortola, St Thomas and GSC on the 13th.

We have done back to backs where the ports were pretty much the same both weeks and found that it as a really good experience. You get a chance to enjoy everything that you wanted, which is hard sometimes when you are only there for one day. While it may seem on the surface to be a bad thing it is not a big deal at all.

We will be headed to Falmouth now on 12/9 as well, and I've been having a hard time finding info on what people do when they are in port there. Agree it seems like so much farther from most excursions I have read about compared with Ocho Rios. Looks like Escape will be only ship in port that day too, at least as of now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We will be in Falmouth in January too. Have been to Falmouth before. There is a nice Margaritavilke and the port is fairly big with many stores but the do say not to go

Out of the gates. There are excursions to Dunn falls and such. We stayed at port for a while and returned to ship since we’ve been to Jamaica a few times before. Asking about the Royal there which is all inclusive, may go there this time.