Carnival Splendor to stay with Carnival, Golden Princess to transfer.

CruiseAdict218

In what I think is a shock, Carnival Splendor will stay with Carnival, while the Golden Princess will be transferred out in 2020.

With more details to come out next year, Carnival also wants to up from 1 to 2 ships year round in Australia.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/17855-golden-princess-to-transfer-to-p-o-australia-splendor-staying-with-carnival.html

In what I think is a shock, Carnival Splendor will stay with Carnival, while the Golden Princess will be transferred out in 2020.

With more details to come out next year, Carnival also wants to up from 1 to 2 ships year round in Australia.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/17855-golden-princess-to-transfer-to-p-o-australia-splendor-staying-with-carnival.html

Thanks for the info and that is good news for west coast cruisers.:):):)

While on the Alaska Journey cruise, at his Q&A, I got the feeling from John Heald that the west coast was getting a Vista class ship. He said Splendor was leaving in 2019 but couldn't answer specifically which ship was replacing her. He said that Carnival has heard the west coasters and he thinks we will be very happy.

Wait, are we still getting the third Vista class ship or Carnival is giving it back to P&O?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They did say that Carnival is going back to Finland for shipbuilding. Prefer the Finnish builds to the Italian ones.

John Heald also said that we were going to have a bright and sunny future. Causing some to think we'd be getting the Sunshine.

I'd be happy if we no longer have the Caribbean Shopping Talk on the West Coast.

Edited by SadieN

Wait, are we still getting the third Vista class ship or Carnival is giving it back to P&O?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In lieu of the Carnival Splendor staying, P&O Australia will take the Golden Princess. Vista 3 & Carnival Splendor will stay, but another ship will be based there year-round with the Carnival Spirit.

I think I'm the only one hoping Splendor doesn't stay in Long Beach. That is the closest port for us. We just did an 8 day Southern Caribbean on her in June and for the first time I can say that I did NOT like the ship. The pink zebra donuts didn't bother me, it was what I felt was a awkward layout and the worst Serenity deck of any ship we've been on.