In Port 1-9pm--what to do? Beaches near RC pier? What time do shops close?

bluegirlum

We will be on RC Empress of the Seas in May, 2018 and will be there from 1-9pm on a Saturday. We have been to beach clubs the last two times we were in Cozumel and loved them, but most close at 5 and don't seem like realistic options. We know there is a Senor Frogs at the pier, but it's probably best for us to do something else than sit there and drink all day! Are there any beaches closeby that have chairs/umbrellas/drink/food options? If there is snorkeling, great, but we just want to be able to relax at the beach for a little bit. Also, what time do the shops at the pier close?

Some beach clubs stay open til 6P Coz time which is always on Eastern Standard time all year round. So as long as RCCL stays on embarkation port (Miami) time ship time will be 1 hour a head of Coz time. Which means that if the beach clubs close at 5P its 6P ship time. And if they stay open til 6P Coz it's 7P ship. RCCL usually docks at the International Pier and that pier has undergone recent renovations. Typically shops at the port stay open as long as a ship is in port, or at least until an hour before departure time. There's also a new Margaritaville next door which could also be open.

I would consider the Money Bar. They are usually open until 10:00 PM. They offer great snorkeling, food, drinks, loungers, etc. No real beach, but nice seating area in sun or shade, snorkeling equipment rental, etc. It's about $ 12 for a cab ride each way and we have never had an issue getting a return cab.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, make sure if 1:00pm on the ships schedule means 12:00pm local.

If the ship maintains Eastern Daylight Savings time, and this is the time quoted in the schedule, there could be a time difference.

That would work for your favor.

If this is the case then I would go for whatever activity or beach club that you prefer.

I have been looking into Nachi Cocom... I do not know about Saturdays, but on certain days, they stay open until 6:30 for cruisers who dock later in the day.

Maybe, since you are there later on a Saturday, some of the experts here could tell you where you might find some additional live music or activity, which I think I am seeing is usually on weekends.

Yes, make sure if 1:00pm on the ships schedule means 12:00pm local.

If the ship maintains Eastern Daylight Savings time, and this is the time quoted in the schedule, there could be a time difference.

That would work for your favor.

If this is the case then I would go for whatever activity or beach club that you prefer.

I have been looking into Nachi Cocom... I do not know about Saturdays, but on certain days, they stay open until 6:30 for cruisers who dock later in the day.

Maybe, since you are there later on a Saturday, some of the experts here could tell you where you might find some additional live music or activity, which I think I am seeing is usually on weekends.

The Money Bar, one of our favorites, should work for live entertainment but the PP had already asked about the Money Bar on another thread so I assumed had already considered it.

There are bars in town that are fun in an evening- we like Woody's. Also upstairs dining, with sunset view and often live musician at Blue Angel.