Hotels on A1A near port everglades

researchfreak90

Stayed at the Beat Western just down the street last Friday. There was heavy equipment on the beach pushing sand back to the beach and lots of debris. I would think by mid-Oct it's going to be in much better shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Stayed at the Beat Western just down the street last Friday. There was heavy equipment on the beach pushing sand back to the beach and lots of debris. I would think by mid-Oct it's going to be in much better shape.

Sorry to hijack the OP's thread, but I was wondering how your stay was at the Best Western, as we are booked there pre-cruise in December?

Thanks. :)

Beat Western was great. Recent renovation was excellent. Good location, great breakfast, easy walk to the beach. I'd definitely stay there again.

That's great to know. Thanks a lot, much appreciated. :)

They are actually digging it up down 5-6 foot, running it through a strainer to remove branches,ect, and regrading it. They are about one third done as it is a 12 mile stretch that is being cleaned.

They are actually digging it up down 5-6 foot, running it through a strainer to remove branches,ect, and regrading it. They are about one third done as it is a 12 mile stretch that is being cleaned.

Interesting, I guess this makes sense considering the amount of debri that is probally layered throughout the beach.