ncl escape, Internet pay as you go

dpws

Hi can anyone help me out, i need to check in online my saturday return flight to the uk on the Friday when I was meant to be in nassau and now will be a sea day. Can i pay as you go internet as only going to need 5 or 10 mins and don't won't to purchase a package as holidays for me are wi fi and mobile free!!!, many thanks

Typically on the last 2 sea days before disembarkation, smaller internet packages will be offered/available and "sold" onboard NCL ships ... 15 minutes time and 30 minutes time plan over WiFi, without an activation fee or bundled in already. There is an additional per page charge for printing a paper boarding pass.

Does your airline offer mobile check-in and can you do this on their installed app, as that would be the easiest & fastest ... once you get to the airport, you can print out the BP at the kiosk or see the counter's gate agent as part of the check-in & luggage drop to get the BP issued, before going thru airport security screening.

Satellite internet has been known to get sluggish due to high usage over the shared bandwidth as others on the cruise are likely trying to do OLCI as well ... mobile app/browser check-in should be easily done in 10 or 15 minutes. Otherwise, the PAYG rate was like 95 cents a minute, discounted to 75 cents or less a minute on higher tiered plans

Or, plan ahead and have a family member or trusted friend not on the cruise (our TA did that for us while we're overseas) do the online check-in for your return flight, assuming no seating assignment changes or other mods to your travel plan are needed.

Thanks for the replies, at least now I know I have the option to do this on board.

Mk8288 my airline is BA and they have a mobile app, but I will be at sea when I need to check in, is this poss with a mobile?

Thanks for the replies, at least now I know I have the option to do this on board.

Mk8288 my airline is BA and they have a mobile app, but I will be at sea when I need to check in, is this poss with a mobile?

Yes, you should be able to.

Before you sail out from US, do a quick flight status check on the App first, make sure it's updated ... typically, we can do this on our airline apps, whether it's WiFi or cellular data, easily & quickly (24 hours before departure is typical for doing OLCI.)

With ship's satellite WiFi, log in first and then open your BA app ... should be simple & easy to get checked in on the mobile app & you are done, don't forget to log out of the ship's internet. (Use login.com and logoff.com to do that - internet cafe will have instructions as well)

Once that's done, we get the bar coded BP for domestic flights - I believe for international flights, you might be required to have a printed BP issued, ahead when doing OLCI or once you get to the airport ... do check with BA & read the FAQ about international check-in rules. Enjoy your cruise !

Does your airline offer mobile check-in and can you do this on their installed app, as that would be the easiest & fastest ... once you get to the airport, you can print out the BP at the kiosk or see the counter's gate agent as part of the check-in & luggage drop to get the BP issued, before going thru airport security screening. ...

Or, plan ahead and have a family member or trusted friend not on the cruise (our TA did that for us while we're overseas) do the online check-in for your return flight, assuming no seating assignment changes or other mods to your travel plan are needed.

As to mobile app - you still need internet access. Agree that it is much easier and faster via most apps vs going to the website.

Printing boarding pass - agree 100%. Everyone is big on doing that, but since you are checking bags at the airport anyways, you can print one there. And, most airlines these days have kiosks just to print/reprint boarding passes.

Having friend do it. That is a great idea.

I did 'pay as you go' on our last cruise. There was a $4 setup fee and then I believe it was $1 a minute? They actually offer a nice feature to set a timer on how much you want to spend and it will kick you off when that is done. I was able to stretch out about $25 worth over the whole cruise just being careful to log in and out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks all for your prompt replies,

Re using the mobile app can i pay as you go and use my phone to connect to the ships wi fi

Pay as you go, or any plan onboard is the same. You can connect a phone, tablet, computer, etc.

Once you connected to internet via the ships wifi, you can go to websites, use apps, etc.