Celebrity vs Royal Caribbean

ShaSco

We would like to try Celebrity as well, however the "more formal" thing is a bit off putting. On formal nights we no longer wear suits, and are in slacks & collared shirt. This is us on all nights actually.

Anything more than that is just uncomfortable for us.

There are no formal nights on Celebrity, just chic nights. Slacks and collared shirts are just fine on chic nights. On the other hand, I am sweating a little over formal nighs for our first RCI cruise in 2019.

Only 2 differences that matter me, so I like both lines equally.

Celebrity has Al Bacio...ewwwwww my favorite chill/coffee place. I just love it...nothing like it on RCCL. In certain circumstances this would be enough to lure me away from RCCL.

Celebrity doesn't depart from a Texas port...enough to chose RCCL in most of our cruise plans.

Otherwise, they're compare well.

It comes up once in awhile, but thanks for asking again, fresh opinions help. After this May we will have done 3 cruises on Royal out of San Juan and now that we are Diamond we may try X. Previously I think it was the Summit that sailed from here, is that still true. The main problem that we haven't tried it yet is X pulls out of the Caibbean about the time we usually cruise- late April/Early May. Has that changed anyone?

The Summit still does the summer Bermuda and Canadian cruises...then in Oct heads to San Juan.

There are no formal nights on Celebrity, just chic nights. Slacks and collared shirts are just fine on chic nights. On the other hand, I am sweating a little over formal nighs for our first RCI cruise in 2019.

We feel comfortable on RCI formal nights in slacks and a collared shirt.

Thanks for the info about Celebrity.

It comes up once in awhile, but thanks for asking again, fresh opinions help. After this May we will have done 3 cruises on Royal out of San Juan and now that we are Diamond we may try X. Previously I think it was the Summit that sailed from here, is that still true. The main problem that we haven't tried it yet is X pulls out of the Caibbean about the time we usually cruise- late April/Early May. Has that changed anyone?

I believe Equinox out of Miami does a southern itinerary in May.

Personal opinion only but after many years with RCI we now prefer Celebrity overall. Better food, better personal attention to the customer, and less hectic cruise pace. Certainly less venues as well, but then again I never was into rock climbing.......;)

Well said! We made D+ on RCI...never expect to make Pinnacle..so we tried Celebrity! Loved it! Okay, the evening shows are the old cruise ship type of shows but...we go more for the relaxation that for the entertainment. Yes, the meals are divine! Finally decided to do a Sky Suite and WOW..the attention/treatment is so much better than the suites on RCI. We still do RCI...in our opinion...both lines are great!