Wardrobe question for the ladies

kittymamma

Have cruised before but this will be the first time on RCI and the first time to sail in the Fall of the year. Prior cruises have been in Spring or Summer months and here lies my dilemma.

Here in Georgia we have the wonderful change of seasons and now is when I start to store my brightly colored summer wardrobe and bring out the more subtle colors for Fall. So what to do about a Caribbean cruise where I know what to wear during the heat of the day but need some guidance as to what you well traveled ladies do for your dinner attire. Do you pack the more lively linens from Summer or do you bring along the light weight less colorful outfits of Fall ?

This has nothing to do with "what to wear on formal night ?" or "should I bring a jacket/wrap for evening?"...those are already decided. I would just appreciate some insight from you ladies who have probably cruised during every month of the year . I don't want to stick out like Polly Parrott nor do I want to look like Drab Delilah.

You are all such a wealth of information so I know I will get good advice here. What ever I bring will be comfy and include one pair of slacks with an elastic waist band to wear on the last day :D.

When sailing in the Caribbean or other warm places, I tend to bring light weight summer type clothes regardless of season. For me that often means white slacks and colorful tops. In my opinion, when sailing to a warm tropical place, the seasonal clothing "rules" don't apply.

Enjoy

M