3 people in a cabin for 2?

We have two rooms booked. Room #1 is a normal inside room with trundle bed (booked for 3 people). Room #2 is a porthole room with a couch and an upper pullman (booked for 2 people). I want to know if that third person from the first room can sleep on the couch in our room instead, since I could not book it for 3 on the Carnival website. Do all sofas turn into sofa beds? Otherwise, can we put the trundle in the porthole room instead? Thanks!

If the cabin is rated for two then the sofa doesn't turn into a bed. MIGHT be able to get a trundle in there. Please tip the room steward accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have two rooms booked. Room #1 is a normal inside room with trundle bed (booked for 3 people). Room #2 is a porthole room with a couch and an upper pullman (booked for 2 people). I want to know if that third person from the first room can sleep on the couch in our room instead, since I could not book it for 3 on the Carnival website. Do all sofas turn into sofa beds? Otherwise, can we put the trundle in the porthole room instead? Thanks!

Did you book an "upper/lower porthole"? If so, there is only room for two in that room. The sofa is one of the beds and it is not a pull-out sofa.

We had that cabin on the Breeze. You could probably fit a trundle bed, but it is not allowed by Carnival.

Once on the ship, they don't care who sleeps where. If you have 3 booked in the 3 person cabin, and want one of those 3 to sleep in the cabin for 2, you certainly can....they will simply have to use the sofa in the sofa configuration...no extra BED for that person.

If this is on your Sunshine cruise, the forward-most porthole cabins on deck one have a single lower, couch, and upper above the couch. the couch appears to have armrests, so don't know if they could be removed to put the mattress pad on. EM

How you arrange it depends on why you want to move the person on the trundle bed. Are you afraid the inside will be too crowded with the trundle on the floor? Or is it for a younger person you want int he cabin with you?

This is your cabin on sunshine, 1405:

enhance

enhance

The bed is a twin, the upper bunk is located in the ceiling over the couch. You can barely see part of the outline in the ceiling. You could conceivably put the trundle in front of the couch, but it would make it difficult for the person in the bunk to get in an out (to the bathroom) at night. You would have to put the ladder off of the foot of the bunk, which you could probably do it you shoved the twin against the porthole wall.

With the inside, you can place the twins in an L shape, as seen here in cabin 1421:

enhance

I am not exactly sure how the desk/vanity runs in these Sunshine insides. But here is a picture of the same arrangement in an inside on Fascination, with a rollaway in place:

enhance