drinking package - each adult have to purchase it - allure january 7 2018

Royal published several exceptions- alcoholic, religious, or personal preference. You just have to call, can't do it online.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

Thanks for sharing this info. What a relief. My husband gets the drink package and I charge my 1 drink per day to my SeaPass. Glad I can still do this by calling.

Can you give us the link.
Google " royal Caribbean drink package religious exception"

One of the links will point you to this link

https://www.******************.com/2017/10/04/royal-caribbean-requiring-all-adults-same-stateroom-purchase-unlimited-alcohol-package

Screenshot of email from RC is on that page

Thanks for sharing this info. What a relief. My husband gets the drink package and I charge my 1 drink per day to my SeaPass. Glad I can still do this by calling.

THAT you may not be able to do.

There are rampant rumors that if you request an exception to the rules, you will not be able to buy individual drinks. After all, you will have just told RC, "I can't drink because of....."

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

THAT you may not be able to do.

There are rampant rumors that if you request an exception to the rules, you will not be able to buy individual drinks. After all, you will have just told RC, "I can't drink because of....."

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would love to see some real hand knowledge of this, otherwise it is just that - Rumors, and probably just from doomsayers. I highly doubt that if you walk up and try to pay for a drink, it will be denied.

Thanks Bob but says it has to be purchased by all in the cabin. Does not mention any exceptions.

. Any guest wishing to purchase a Deluxe Beverage Package must do so for all other guests 21 years and older in the same stateroom, for sailings on or after December 31st, 2017.

All other beverage packages can be purchased by individual guests, however all packages are for single guest use and cannot be shared by multiple people.

Thanks Bob but says it has to be purchased by all in the cabin. Does not mention any exceptions.

. Any guest wishing to purchase a Deluxe Beverage Package must do so for all other guests 21 years and older in the same stateroom, for sailings on or after December 31st, 2017.

All other beverage packages can be purchased by individual guests, however all packages are for single guest use and cannot be shared by multiple people.

Sorry, I thought you were asking for the "all guests in the stateroom" part. If I run into the exception part, I'll post it.

Google " royal Caribbean drink package religious exception"

One of the links will point you to this link

https://www.******************.com/2017/10/04/royal-caribbean-requiring-all-adults-same-stateroom-purchase-unlimited-alcohol-package

Screenshot of email from RC is on that page

Cannot access this link. Also nothing when I tried to use google for religious exemptions. Just links to cruise critic posts.

Ok, some first hand experience here. Was just on the phone with a friend of mine helping him with his booking. He's travelling with us and has never cruised. His wife does not drink. So he called Royal and put me on the three way with him. Told the guy what he wanted. He was asked why his wife does not want the package and he told him she does not drink. The Royal guy asked "So it's for personal reasons then?" Said yes and everything went smoothly. He bought a single drink package with little problem. And by the way he told the truth. She does not drink.

So the exceptions part is not a rumor. It's a fact.

Thought I would add. The guy did ask was it for Religious? Medical? Personal Reasons?. So it's pretty open to most reasons it seems. Hopefully it won't be abused. Wishful thinking I'm sure.

Edited by dwayneb236

Personal reasons is very broad. Who knows what's going to happen with that.

I just know my friend told the guy his wife doesn't drink and that's when he asked so for personal reasons then?

I'm sure the next person who calls will get a different guy and different questions.

Personal reasons is very broad. Who knows what's going to happen with that.

I just know my friend told the guy his wife doesn't drink and that's when he asked so for personal reasons then?

I'm sure the next person who calls will get a different guy and different questions.

They probably have to enter a reason to proceed.

I'm very angry about this. My friend I am traveling with is not going to get an alcohol package, and I usually do. Now neither of us will buy it, and I will be unlikely to buy very many drinks when I'm having to think about paying every single time. I hope they rethink this before March. I have two cruises booked for next year, but I'm rethinking my options beyond that.

I'm very angry about this. My friend I am traveling with is not going to get an alcohol package, and I usually do. Now neither of us will buy it, and I will be unlikely to buy very many drinks when I'm having to think about paying every single time. I hope they rethink this before March. I have two cruises booked for next year, but I'm rethinking my options beyond that.

Just call in and book for the one that wants it.

Ii was originally a test on Harmony:

"Royal Caribbean is testing a new policy change for its unlimited alcohol package,where all adults in a stateroom will be required to purchase an unlimited alcohol package if one adult in the room purchases it. This pilot program will be for eight Harmony of the Seas sailings starting September 30, 2017 through November 18, 2017."

So are we to assume the test phase is over and it is permanent thing now?

Ii was originally a test on Harmony:

"Royal Caribbean is testing a new policy change for its unlimited alcohol package,where all adults in a stateroom will be required to purchase an unlimited alcohol package if one adult in the room purchases it. This pilot program will be for eight Harmony of the Seas sailings starting September 30, 2017 through November 18, 2017."

So are we to assume the test phase is over and it is permanent thing now?

There is no assuming, they announced it.

Relax a bit and call them. I just posted a few posts back I was involved in a call to Royal with my friend who did exactly that. His wife doesn't drink, he told them this, he bought the package just for himself. Easy Peasy..

There is no assuming, they announced it.

Haven't really been keeping up with their announcements since my last cruise.

I never thought I'd say this but RCCL needs to suck it up and do what NCL does with the Free Drink Packages. I know its not really, they hide the price in other fees on your cruise. But if I don't see it, then I don't know about it. Or maybe single cruiser cabins, like NCL, so that everyone doesn't have to be forced to pay for something they won't be using. I've never found a single cruiser cabin on any of my RCCL cruises.

I will just use the "religious" reason in the future if I want to stay dry on a cruise.

Haven't really been keeping up with their announcements since my last cruise.

I never thought I'd say this but RCCL needs to suck it up and do what NCL does with the Free Drink Packages. I know its not really, they hide the price in other fees on your cruise. But if I don't see it, then I don't know about it. Or maybe single cruiser cabins, like NCL, so that everyone doesn't have to be forced to pay for something they won't be using. I've never found a single cruiser cabin on any of my RCCL cruises.

I will just use the "religious" reason in the future if I want to stay dry on a cruise.

This seems odd, you say they should make it like ncl, and then say that people shouldn't need to pay for it if they don't want it, but putting it into the cruise fare, does just that- the people that don't want to drink have to pay for it as well. You may not see the charge, but you are paying for it.