Hilton Garden Inn, Ridgefield vs. Hampton Inn, Ridgefield

amberjohn

On 9/22/2018 at 6:45 AM, 138east said:

Given a choice, I would not pick the Fairfield Inn because of its location in a more urban area on the route 1/9 truck route.

Not sure if it impacts anyone's' parking plans, but the Fairfield Inn does have indoor parking.  Despite the truck activity the room was quiet, and facility was very clean.

15 hours ago, AL3XCruise said:

Not sure if it impacts anyone's' parking plans, but the Fairfield Inn does have indoor parking.  Despite the truck activity the room was quiet, and facility was very clean.

Indoor parking is a huge plus in the winter.  How was the port transfer?  This is a new offering and there is not much feedback yet on it.

None of the hotels being discussed are vacation destinations.  Folks who don’t know the area should look at google earth so there are no surprises..  It’s also good to know that the room was quiet and clean.  They must have really good windows.

4 hours ago, 138east said:

Indoor parking is a huge plus in the winter.  How was the port transfer?  This is a new offering and there is not much feedback yet on it.

None of the hotels being discussed are vacation destinations.  Folks who don’t know the area should look at google earth so there are no surprises..  It’s also good to know that the room was quiet and clean.  They must have really good windows.

No issues with the port transfer.  In a related thread I wrote: "Transport was in a Lincoln SUV and worked well, but it was maxed out by five people and bags.  Not sure if the contractor has a larger vehicle or not.  We actually docked the night before due to an emergency, so boarding started earlier than expected.  We called the driver and they were able to pick us up 30 minutes earlier than originally planned which was nice. "

I should point out that even though out room is quiet, we stayed on a Saturday night and were on the side of the building away from the main road.  Changing those factors might change the experience, but I really don't know.

Thanks for your first hand feed back.

I learned by experience that if you want a particular room area in a hotel, it pays to call them about 11 am to tell them where you want to be located and to ask them to block you out a room.  

When we once traveled with our 2 children, we arrived at a Courtyard in Orlando at 1 am and got the last room. I had called the hotel to say we would be a very late arrival. Got one bed for the adults and a single sofa bed.  Our youngest slept on the sofa bed cushions on the floor which left no room to walk in the room.  They comped us a free breakfast, but when I complained to the manager, he comped us the room.  It doesn’t always work, but you have some leverage with your complaints. So if we’re going to be late arrivals, I always call the hotel.  It might not work, but it gives you some leverage.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
3 hours ago, amberjohn said:

I know, trying to gather the new information for an October cruise. Right I can’t find anyone doing the cruise packages but with cruising in NJ and NY just starting up I’m hoping these packages start up again?

Trinityreservations.com is showing a few hotels with packages for Cape Liberty and also some for the Manhattan Cruise Terminal.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...