Terrace pool/ Crown Princess

Grumpy'sGurl

first time considering a princess cruise and looking at an aft room, Riviera deck near the Terrace pool. Ive discovered the hard way ( cruising NCL Escape) that quiet adult pool area is my jam, lol! Is this pool heated? Also does it have defined hours? or can we take a late night dip. Thank you!

It is not heated. Not sure about ‘defined’ hours of use but we did notice some in the pool at night. We were in an aft room on Riviera last March and it was a convenient location to go to the pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A nicer pool is the "lap" pool outside the exercise/Lotus Spa area.

It's usually very quiet (sometimes we're the only ones there), most who are new to Princess assume it's part of the Sanctuary.

Our last time on the Crown, it was crowded every darn day (28 days). Very few "blue" cards, so everyone knew the pool was open for all of us.

It's also adults only and the loungers are nicer.

They drain the pools at night (don't know if it is every night). But once...they were filling the pool and someone "forgot" to turn off the water. I noticed it was up to the brim. After breakfast....there was water running down the stairs to the lower deck...that flooded a couple of staterooms. Oops...

first time considering a princess cruise and looking at an aft room' date=' Riviera deck near the Terrace pool. Ive discovered the hard way ( cruising NCL Escape) that quiet adult pool area is my jam, lol! Is this pool heated? Also does it have defined hours? or can we take a late night dip. Thank you![/quote']

Hey Grumpy! We, too, have been on the Escape, as well as many Princess cruises . We are leaving on our next Princess in Dec., and (coincidentally) staying on Riveria. Our experience w/Princess is an absolute NO to your question, in fact, they often seem to net it off at night. Maybe it has to do with the weather, IDK. In the Caribbean, they seem to Not be heated; we went to Alaska recently, and it Was heated (still too cold for my blood)

They drain the pools at night (don't know if it is every night). But once...they were filling the pool and someone "forgot" to turn off the water. I noticed it was up to the brim. After breakfast....there was water running down the stairs to the lower deck...that flooded a couple of staterooms. Oops...

So you "noticed" and said nothing?

A nicer pool is the "lap" pool outside the exercise/Lotus Spa area.

It's usually very quiet (sometimes we're the only ones there), most who are new to Princess assume it's part of the Sanctuary.

Our last time on the Crown, it was crowded every darn day (28 days). Very few "blue" cards, so everyone knew the pool was open for all of us.

It's also adults only and the loungers are nicer.

I have never seen the Lotus pool loungers unused. I think your experience on the Crown is the norm.