How To Keep Wine Chilled?

Tiggipaws

Hello

I'm selling on the Eurodam in December, I will be bringing wine onboard with me and paying the corkage. (white wine or champagne) Am I correct that I will have to keep it in my cabin and take it with me to the MDR? If so how do I keep it chilled? Nothing worse than warm white wine

Thanks

You ask your cabin steward for an ice bucket filled with ice and keep your wine in it. Usually he will refill the ice when he tidies the room but a modest tip also helps. He can open it for you or borrow a corkscrew if you forget it. ;)

I don't recall a public ice machine. I do recall the room steward bringing our champagne to the dining room earlier in the day so that it was chilled by dinner time. That was champagne that we had paid corkage on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello

I'm selling on the Eurodam in December, I will be bringing wine onboard with me and paying the corkage. (white wine or champagne) Am I correct that I will have to keep it in my cabin and take it with me to the MDR? If so how do I keep it chilled? Nothing worse than warm white wine

Thanks

If your cabin has a mini-bar, you can request it be emptied and use it for your wine, etc.

If you know which bottle you want tomorrow, or tonight, you can bring it to the dining room well before dinner to have chilled and waiting for you.

Just be sure it's marked with your cabin number, or table #/seating, when they take it.

We were just on the Eurodam several weeks ago - the mini fridge didn’t get all that cold......

It does not...on any of the ships we've sailed. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can request a "bucket" of ice from any bar that sells bucket of beers (at least the pool bars) at no charge. It comes in a metal "bucket" that they use for the buckets of beer which is big enough for a bottle of wine.

We were just on the Eurodam several weeks ago - the mini fridge didn’t get all that cold......

It does not...on any of the ships we've sailed. [emoji849]

The small refrigerators really do not get that cold. And that is a good thing for chilling wine. White wine should be served at 49 to 55 Farenheit. If you put your wine in before noon, it will be good to go for dinner. Once in the MDR, the wine steward will keep it chilled in a bucket.

p.s. We also put our red wine in, for about an hour before dinner and it comes out perfect around 60 to 70 degrees.

The small refrigerators really do not get that cold. And that is a good thing for chilling wine. White wine should be served at 49 to 55 Farenheit. If you put your wine in before noon, it will be good to go for dinner. Once in the MDR, the wine steward will keep it chilled in a bucket.

p.s. We also put our red wine in, for about an hour before dinner and it comes out perfect around 60 to 70 degrees.

Thank you, Louis! Good to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We always bring our own cork screw and have never paid a corkage fee and we have done over 30 cruises. Ask room service for wine glasses or get them at any bar onboard. They are the same wine glasses used at the bar, so when you walk out of your cabin with your wine, take it to dinner.

We always bring our own cork screw and have never paid a corkage fee and we have done over 30 cruises. Ask room service for wine glasses or get them at any bar onboard. They are the same wine glasses used at the bar, so when you walk out of your cabin with your wine, take it to dinner.

My only comment is that I have no comment :mad: Your behaviour is definitely not somenthing you should be proud of admitting!

This approach is one reason why HAL now limits you to one bottle per person per cruise. By not following the "rules", you often end up spoiling a good thing (bringing unlimited wine onboard) for everyone.

If your fridge is in a cabinet, keep the cabinet door ajar..refrigerators need air flow! They are "dorm cube" style things...and they will keep things cold, if there is air flow around it!!!

Good suggestion! I will try it next cruise! On my recent Nieuw Amsterdam cruise the refrigerator was pretty cold, but most times they only keep things "cool".