Diamond Members Discount

I have heard that once you become a Crown and Anchor Diamond member your immediate family can also get discounts on cruises. Is this true?

Discounts are given only for staterooms with a Diamond member as a guest.

I was denied diamond discount for my most recent booking bc I booked under a sale?? It's getting harder and harder to redeem discounts

That's Royal's "instant discount" trick. It's not the fake sale that kills the balcony discount, it's when they add the "instant discount". This is their way of making sure no one with a balcony discount can take advantage of the price drop.

I wish they would put half the effort they do into finding ways to deprecate the C&A benefits and apply that effort to fixing their IT systems.

I was denied diamond discount for my most recent booking bc I booked under a sale?? It's getting harder and harder to redeem discounts

I was too but ended up getting the discount after calling again. I knew the GGG sale was combinable but the original rep said it was not. I booked anyway to get the deal before the rate changed and called back later. The rep I spoke to checked her chart and said my sailing was listed and the balcony discount was combinable but the computer wasn't recognizing this and let me speak to resolutions. Resolutions said this has been an issue since the non-refundable rates started and was able to override the computer and give me the discount.

Not all sales are combinable, if you know yours should have been, call back and get resolutions involved.

• 3 months later...
That's Royal's "instant discount" trick. It's not the fake sale that kills the balcony discount, it's when they add the "instant discount". This is their way of making sure no one with a balcony discount can take advantage of the price drop.

I wish they would put half the effort they do into finding ways to deprecate the C&A benefits and apply that effort to fixing their IT systems.

Hey Bob,

Wondering what constitutes an instant discount? Do the rules apply to travel agent discounts?

Thanks

Hey Bob,

Wondering what constitutes an instant discount? Do the rules apply to travel agent discounts?

Thanks

No, it's something RC has added to their fake sales. Not a travel agent discount.

Same here. I am platinum and the RCL guy says cannot get any discount on this special sales. What is the point of c & a membership then.

Same here. I am platinum and the RCL guy says cannot get any discount on this special sales. What is the point of c & a membership then.

I agree with you. In the past few years, our FL residency, military discount, age discount, and C&A discount have not been applied to our past and future bookings. The prices have been the same as a first-time cruiser.

We recently made Diamond and have not yet sailed as a Diamond member. We just canceled our B2B in April because we recently lost our daughter. It’ll be interesting to see what it will be like when we finally decide to book a cruise under the new system.

Sometimes, if you look at cruise fare on line the C&A discount will not show even if you're logged in. I was having a problem and thought that RCL was eliminating this perk, but someone on CC informed me to enter my C&A # to the page that asks how many cabins/guests and select "see if you qualify for exclusive discount." Lo and behold the D+ discount showed up. Now even if I'm logged in I go that section and enter as much info as possible, in addition to the C&A #, such as Seniors, State, Military, etc.

Many times if it's 30/30 sale, my cruise fare savings is higher than the 30% discount and it may be due to Senior or State residency discounts.