My time dinning with a large group.

We are traveling on the allure in august and will be a party of 24 or so. We are all taking my time dinning. So my question is can we reserve lets say three tables of 8 for a 730 reservation for the entire cruise. And if we can how do we do it prior to the cruise.

Typically you can reserve availoable times through your cruise planner on line once MTD as been selected. Your reservations will need to be linked in order to keep tables together. I don't recall if there are limits as to how many can be linked on a single dining request as we've never reserved tables that large. Hopefully others can clarify. RCI or your TA could probably provide assistance for your group - especially if it was booked as such.

Biggest group I have travelled with is 7 but to share with you my experience ...

I email ahead. I find Crown and Anchor a good email for this as they will forward the request to the appropriate contact.

Once on board the ship, I go to the assigned dinning room and have a word with the restaurant manager.

My experience is that they always do their best to accommodate but there are no guarantees so I am prepared to be flexible.

If I find that I am not getting anywhere, I see if the Diamond concierge can help. If I am in a suite, I see if the suite concierge can help. In both cases they can use their persuasive charm and on board relationships to achieve a result you might not be able to by yourself. Best to remember that everyone on board can only do their best to accommodate. Emailing ahead gives the restaurant staff a heads up when planning or allocating. Chances are that details are not finalised until you board the ship.

I have found that planning and organising for a family group takes more effort.

One final suggestion. If booking via TA then make sure that your request is communicated via the TA and see what they can do to arrange.

We are traveling on the allure in august and will be a party of 24 or so. We are all taking my time dinning. So my question is can we reserve lets say three tables of 8 for a 730 reservation for the entire cruise. And if we can how do we do it prior to the cruise.

Everyone should try to reserve the same time, and then as soo as you board go to the MTD desk and ask to be seated as close together as possible. Have the stateroom numbers available.

With that large of a group, you woild probably have better luck being in traditional dining.

getting all of the 8 tops at the same time will quite possibly be impossible. not sure how many Allure has in their MTD restaurant, Burt all the other ships I have been on , there have been as few as 2 of the large round tables that hold that many. furthermore, the larger tables may not necessarily be near each other.

a group that large really should try and snag set dining.. late seating would be easier to get most likely.

Send a list of all your groups reservation numbers to RCLDINNING@RCCL.COM with your ship and sail date. I have found them very helpful with large groups. I had a group of 50 or Liberty this spring and they seated us in one corner of the dinning room. We did request normal late seating.

I'm pretty sure that the rcldining@rccl.com email is for traditional dining, but it won't hurt to give it a try.

I have a feeling I am totally missing something obvious here. (I am not at all an experienced cruiser.) My question is, since you have 24 people who want to eat together at the same time every night, could you use traditional dining instead of my time dining?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have a feeling I am totally missing something obvious here. (I am not at all an experienced cruiser.) My question is, since you have 24 people who want to eat together at the same time every night, could you use traditional dining instead of my time dining?

Traditional dining would probably be the easiest way for that many people to eat near each other.